A&H

Player enters field to stop ball

The best piece of refereeing I've seen in a while was when spectating in a local league game. A player hits another and a brawl breaks out with players and supporters. The referee calmly walks over to within 10 yards of the fight and asks two players to come to him. They do so, confused and questioning why. He clearly states that they were the ones that weren't going to face disciplinary action as they were just watching. The referee then appeared to make a few notes before abandoning the game. I'm guessing his notes were the offending numbers and the offence. I thought it was quite clever. Blew his whistle to try and stop it, that didn't work so he just let them carry on

Last edited:
The Referee Store
The best piece of refereeing I've seen in a while was when spectating in a local lead game. A player hits another and a brawl breaks out with players and supporters. The referee calmly walks over to within 10 yards of the fight and asks two players to come to him. They do so, confused and questioning why. He clearly states that they were the ones that weren't going to face disciplinary action as they were just watching. The referee then appeared to make a few notes before abandoning the game. I'm guessing his notes were the offending numbers and the offence. I thought it was quite clever. Blew his whistle to try and stop it, that didn't work so he just let them carry on
That sounds pretty good, though not sure how the US soccer fans where I ref think...

Back