A&H

Pitch covered in Goose sh*t

deusex

RefChat Addict
I arrived at a match on Saturday that must have had at least 100 little goose poos across it's surface.
Had this been dog mess there is no question any of us would play (and I doubt the players would expect it to be on) but with it being goose poo no player even contemplated it would be off.
I'm no faeces expert but should I have played this game?

The Referee Store
I arrived at a match on Saturday that must have had at least 100 little goose poos across it's surface.
Had this been dog mess there is no question any of us would play (and I doubt the players would expect it to be on) but with it being goose poo no player even contemplated it would be off.
I'm no faeces expert but should I have played this game?
http://icwdm.org/handbook/birds/CanadaGeese/humanhealth.aspx

No you shouldn't

That is actually a pretty accurate picture of what it looked like.
Part of me knew I shouldn't have played but didn't feel well informed enough to cancel the match.
I do feel more confident that cancelling is the correct action having seen this.
Happy to help :)

Brings back some unpleasant memories.

My secondary school had a very large playing field, enough for a cricket pitch, rugby pitch and 3 football pitches and plenty of room to spare. The top end of the fields away from the school was also a regular home to a large number of Canadian Geese. The 2 football pitches and rugby pitch at this end of the fields were permanently covered in goose poo. In the 4 years I was there, despite regular complaints from pupils, the general attitude from the school was "just get on with it". :confused: Needless to say, when it came to rugby no one ever did a diving tackle!

Fortunately times and some attitudes have changed!...

One single animal poo on the pitch and there's no game until it's dealt with appropriately!

Absolutely no way would i allow a game to go ahead if it was covered in Geese poo.....

Back