A&H

Pinch of the derriere

gman1978

Yesterday I had an incident (in an U18's game) where the home forward blew up with 2 mins to go claiming the away cpt had squeezed his cheeks. I did not see said attack on the home player's posterier but luckily managed to calm the incident by giving them both a strong talking to and I'd be jumping on anything I do see. It also helped the away team mgr took his cpt off for the remainder of the match. It did however make me think what action I would have taken if I had have seen it, have any of you had a similar incident in the past?

The Referee Store
Yesterday I had an incident (in an U18's game) where the home forward blew up with 2 mins to go claiming the away cpt had squeezed his cheeks. I did not see said attack on the home player's posterier but luckily managed to calm the incident by giving them both a strong talking to and I'd be jumping on anything I do see. It also helped the away team mgr took his cpt off for the remainder of the match. It did however make me think what action I would have taken if I had have seen it, have any of you had a similar incident in the past?
Red card imo

Interesting one.

Like the poster above, I think you'd have little choice but to issue a red card (for an OFFINABUS gesture - though it doesn't quite fit the LOTG version) if you saw it happen and there was a clear reaction/protest ... :wide:

Interesting one.

Like the poster above, I think you'd have little choice but to issue a red card (for an OFFINABUS gesture - though it doesn't quite fit the LOTG version) if you saw it happen and there was a clear reaction/protest ... :wide:

Agree, its stretching it to call it an act of brutality, so cant really go violent conduct, you would be issuing it though on the basis its outwith the expected, and, crossing into the personal intimate parts, suppose the same as a hair pull

Its one you would need to weigh up at the time, I cant class it as 100% red every time,

I’ve come across similar in the past. A mate is a really good player, and one of the local teams would pinch him while off the ball. The idea was that the ref would not see the initial action but would hopefully hear a noise and then turn round to see him retaliate so he got sent off.
One Monday morning after he’d played this team he showed me his arm and it was really bruised where he’d been pinched so much. He wasn’t the sort to retaliate but he was a seriously good player so the other team were trying to get rid of him.
The next time they played I got the game, so knew to watch out for tricks off the ball. The keeper played the ball out to his right back with his left foot, then booted Mick with his right. Unfortunately for him I’d watched the ball but then tracked back in time to see him do it, so he was sent off instead of his target.
He appealed, saying that he’d followed through and caught the forward as he kicked the ball to his player! Obviously he didn’t get away with that one.

If the forward is a good goal scorer then it could be similar to this. If you have the teams again, keep an eye on this because it can really cause problems. If you do see it then yes, it should be a red card.

This is a red card for me, with an extraordinary report.
In fact, I'd be minded to put it in as an extraordinary having it just reported to me, as it could be seen as sexual harassment/inappropriate touching and is almost certainly a safeguarding issue at that level especially seeing as one could be 18 and the other 17. Incredibly problematic for the 18nyear old if they were the offender.

Definitely a red card, but players are only really likely to do it when there is no chance the referee is looking, and you can't send off based on a player's claim. Although given the age group I think I would be reporting the allegation after the game even though I hadn't seen it.

If they did it in any place it would be Indecent Assault (whatever the charge is called in your neck of the woods), red card straight away.

Interesting one.

Dead on.

OFFINABUS conduct (rather than gesture) now, fits very nicely imo

Fortunately nothing like that ever happened in one of my games, but if a player had of come up to me to say "ref, he pinched my backside", I have to admit my initial reaction would have been to laugh!

Back