A&H

Peterborough v Leeds

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
I'm sure I'm probably ignoring the appeals too, but what's the thoughts of the kicker effectively starting the process of taking the free kick (running at the ball) before the referee blows and striking the ball a split second after the blow of the whistle?
Seemingly Peterborough players unhappy thinking he's kicked before the whistle. Video shows it was after, but none of them on the field realistically know if it was before or after the whistle.

Cracking 2nd goal by Bamford, and should easily win the goal of the round.

The Referee Store
According to 5live they think another whistle was blown in the crowd before or after kick taken

It was definitely the referee's whistle. Someone sent me this earlier, the Leeds player starts to process of kicking before Sam blows the whistle, but at the point the whistle first sounds he hadn't yet played the ball. Had the whistle gone after the ball was kicked they would have had a serious problem on their hands. This was the point of the whistle first sounding.

1704643032432.png

It's difficult to tell from that camera angle, but I don't think the referee was looking at the kicker. But this would be fairly common place at that level.

There's a good chance that the far side AR would have been looking at the kicker, as they'll have been giving nearside AR a countdown. Referees pre-match may also have said for 4th official to keep an eye on kicker and Wall

Back