A&H

Peter Banks Fulham v Brentford

Anubis

RefChat Addict
We often examine poor refereeing on here so its only fair to say ( whatever else goes on to happen i the game) Peter Banks deserves rose petals for a good advantage, ultimately leading to a goal to Fulham, within the first minute.
Majority of time its discouraged to play advantage so early, we dont get have the game under control, no idea how the teams are responding etc
Banks played a good advantage from a pull back, central, Fulham 40 yards from goal, and of course correctly never returned to take a yellow. Well signalled also.

ok lets not focus too much that he then ( with or without var) potentially missed two early red cards. The first a Brentford guy straight onto Fulham ankle at a horrible angle, then a Fulham forearm smash.

The Referee Store
I thought he had an okayish game.

You mention this advantage, but in the 93rd minute he pulled play back when Brentford was on the attack, and would've been a decent promising attack, for a free kick to Brentford in their own half whilst trailing 3-2. Nothing may have come of it but it allowed Fulham to regroup and defend accordingly.

Not sure on the penalty shout for Ivan Toney. Gets ahead of the defender and is bundled over before a shot can be taken.
There was also another incident involving Toney when he was body checked by a Fulham defender, who was the last defender and very much a DOGSO offence.
Nothing given.

Yes he let the game "flow" but I felt he missed a fair few KMI.
Definitely agree on the potential red cards though.

I thought he had an okayish game.

You mention this advantage, but in the 93rd minute he pulled play back when Brentford was on the attack, and would've been a decent promising attack, for a free kick to Brentford in their own half whilst trailing 3-2. Nothing may have come of it but it allowed Fulham to regroup and defend accordingly.

Not sure on the penalty shout for Ivan Toney. Gets ahead of the defender and is bundled over before a shot can be taken.
There was also another incident involving Toney when he was body checked by a Fulham defender, who was the last defender and very much a DOGSO offence.
Nothing given.

Yes he let the game "flow" but I felt he missed a fair few KMI.
Definitely agree on the potential red cards though.

Poiint was more, its against the grain to play that first minute advantage, nine times out of ten, the fk is more sensible, he took a gamble it paid off, use of advantage relative to our games, rather than his overall display

The potential reds imo were reds, whether he or var calls them, he has he clear and obvious disclaimer but however we get there, both players should have been dismissed

Poiint was more, its against the grain to play that first minute advantage, nine times out of ten, the fk is more sensible, he took a gamble it paid off, use of advantage relative to our games, rather than his overall display

The potential reds imo were reds, whether he or var calls them, he has he clear and obvious disclaimer but however we get there, both players should have been dismissed
Not sure the officials can be blamed, they have been told / instructed / ordered to have low involvement and use a high bar for fouls and misconducts. If it isn't nailed on SFP / VC it isn't getting given this season. The cynic in me thinks it will remain like that until there is a very serious injury then PGMOL will rapidly backtrack and tell the officials to clamp down.

I think the risk is much different in a professional league than at the levels most of us ref

Not sure the officials can be blamed, they have been told / instructed / ordered to have low involvement and use a high bar for fouls and misconducts. If it isn't nailed on SFP / VC it isn't getting given this season. The cynic in me thinks it will remain like that until there is a very serious injury then PGMOL will rapidly backtrack and tell the officials to clamp down.

If that means last weeks Mike Dean error and yesterdays two reds are ignored then the only thing on common with the rest of the world is the object they are kicking about.

am all for giving benefit of doubt, but studs into ankle, and forearm smash, are too far the other way

Back