A&H

Pet hates

The Referee Store
I love that one. "Ooooo he can't speak to you like that can he ref? He swore! At you!"

It's like kids in a play ground.

Mine are the CAR's that ask if you want them to do free kicks. Erm no thanks mate, I barely trust you to give a throw the right way let alone enforce import rules.

Players that ask you how long left after about 3 minutes have been played!

In top level football my pet hate is players running 35 yards when taking a throw and the ref doing nothing. It bugs me so much.

And as a spurs fan, Tim Sherwood. Honestly you had a go mate now just stop talking about Spurs to try and stay in the public eye.

One I find equally amusing and annoying

"Ref, you obviously don't know the rules, that was clear obstruction"

Had one last night, player kicks it, defender jumps and turns his back at the same time, about 3 yards away, hits him straight on the arm, "Handball ref!!!"

"Erm, no" :)

One I find equally amusing and annoying

"Ref, you obviously don't know the rules, that was clear obstruction"

Had one the other day where a player encroached on an opponent's penalty kick and when the player scored told me that I obviously don't know the rules because she was encroaching so the pen shouldn't have stood as a goal. Shocking, really.

In the closing stages of the half every single player asking you How long ref? :mad:

When I have a bit of banter going i may reply with something like
"next goal win" That always gets a reaction:)

It's better when someone asks you then the bloke next to them asks you straight after and then the bloke next to him..... It's like a full on domino effect.

It's better when someone asks you then the bloke next to them asks you straight after and then the bloke next to him..... It's like a full on domino effect.

I preempt them by saying quiet loudly (especially near a captain) "you got 4 minutes left fellas" Most of the time one the players will broadcast it for me by shouting his team mates "Come on Lads 4 minutes"

Had this one reappear on Saturday after a short absence. Player takes a quick throw-in 30 meters back from where the ball went out of play. Blow the whistle and ask for it to be taken in the correct place. "It doesn't matter ref, its behind where the ball went out, that's okay?"

"Bad news boy, you're thinking of rugby. Take it from where it went out"

Technically it should be a foul throw but one mind blowing laws of the game based revelation at a time....

Towards the end of the match, a goal keeper controlled the ball with his hand (knocked the ball to his feet) and then picked it up very shortly afterwards. Of course no player claimed it as an IDFK. The team was losing heavily at the time so I made a mental note to speak to the goal keeper about what he had done wrong at the end of hte game and let it slide for now. The look on the keepers face when I told him was priceless. "Are you sure ref? I have been playing football for 4 score and twenty years..." (thats not really how long he said)

No I am just making it up for giggles :rolleyes: The pet hate: Players not knowing the laws of the game!

To be honest if it not in the original position to where it was before and it it yards back from where it went out then that fine let them take it from there if it like yards in front then yes give the foul throw

In the closing stages of the half every single player asking you How long ref? :mad:
I had an U14 game this weekend where one player asked me four times during play - he was literally running behind me asking, "how long, ref" every few seconds. At the next break in play I told him that there were 15 minutes to go and he was not allowed to ask me again until there were less than two minutes to go. "How will I know when there are two minutes to go? he asked; "Better not risk it," I told him.

When a ball goes "PING PING" not sure which way and your every so reliable CAR puts he flag up in right hand so you indicate attacking throwing in and puts the flag "over his head and starts to point for a defensive trow in !!!

To be honest if it not in the original position to where it was before and it it yards back from where it went out then that fine let them take it from there if it like yards in front then yes give the foul throw

Hmmmmm

Back