A&H

Personal best

SM

The avuncular one
Managed 9 cautions (2 players earning a subsequent red) and a straight red yesterday.

On reflection I believe I had a good game. I base that on there being no obvious mistakes, certainly no law based mistakes. Fitness good, positioning good, sprinting speed good, concentration 100%. Happy.

Neither team was happy at the end mind. Apparently referees who uphold the laws of the game are spoiling the league. :rolleyes:

The Referee Store
had a game a couple of weeks ago, 1st vs 2nd. Lasted 5 seconds before the first foul. Set the tone for the rest of the game

It's a strange feeling to have after a game, when after you have sat down and reflected on it and are more than happy with your performance but you still feel empty about the whole experience.

It's becoming all to often a feeling.

Had i game like that three weeks ago, 7 cautions, 5 for one team (In 17 games now, this one included, i gave 2,6 yellow/game). Lot of dissent, the most i've ever witnessed in my short career. And the strangest thing is that, if i had 2 games some times ago where i found some dissents justified (I wasn't consistent enough), this game was particularly a good one for me, saw all the faults, no decision that changed the score whatsoever, good coordination with my ARs, no problem with the coachs. I was really chocked to see the attitude of this particular team, and i think they shouldn't end the game with 11 players on the pitch, this is absolutely my only regret on this game. So i can only agree with you SM when you talk about a "strange feeling after the game".

Funny fact, i'll ref this same team in a month, but now, i'm warned :rolleyes:

I had that today SM. To my mind I had a good game.

4 cautions, 3 of which were dissent. Teams were very aggressive and lots of FKs. Disallowed a goal for offside, allowed another one that assistant flagged off and over rules him, and gave a penalty to one team but denied the other a pen.

All correct decisions to my mind but my god, 22 children and managers on side went ballistic. Normal stuff "you've ruined the game" etc

And the old "well have your name after please ref we will report you, you need sorting out"

Anyhow got to FT and I'm happy, some shake my hand and I text my ref sec to say "report coming your way about me mate, had 22 6 foot tall kids out there today"

His response "LOL don't worry mate, that will go straight to the deleted box"

Must be a regular theme for this team!

But I agree with the empty feeling after the game. No motivation to go back out there for a few days after... Very peculiar AMD a horrible feeling to have

The changing rooms can be a lonely place 5 minutes after a game like that. Especially as you listen to the teams walk past your door to theirs!

Oh well. As I say to others, "**** em and enjoy yourself"

I hate to "trump" that @Southend-ref but I was accused of causing a team to lose a game due to my poor decision making. Didn't send anyone off, nothing like that, just bad refereeing costing them the game. They lost 15-0.

:D

How bad was I that game!

I did think about that after I posted the thread.

Personal best worst? Personal worst best?

I hate to "trump" that @Southend-ref but I was accused of causing a team to lose a game due to my poor decision making. Didn't send anyone off, nothing like that, just bad refereeing costing them the game. They lost 15-0.

:D

How bad was I that game!

On the flip side, I had a 16-1 last season and the losing manager said I had an exceptional game, possibly due to the distinct lack of decisions that needed to be made

Having seen the away side who you reffed I am not in the least surprised. Easily the most horrible whinging bunch of idiots I had the poor missfortune to ref in my three years down your way. I honestly hated seeing my name against them on the fixture list as I knew it would be really tough one. Home team I've not had problems with really.

The away team have a couple of players and one in particular who I'm sure you know who I mean, who is now the manager I believe who seem to go out of their way to be as big a pain in the butt as possible.

It wasn't dissent that was the real problem. Most of the cautions were for tactical fouls. Lots of hacks and trips for players running into promising positions.

Last season I had a game where I showed 8 cautions (Two to the same player therefore red) and two straight reds. This season a game I officiated went fine in first half but as a lot riding on it the second half had 6 cautions and 2 reds. Not bad for 45 minutes!

Had a great piece of play a few weeks ago, FK to reds and i do the wall etc and watch the offside line, call offside on a player because of a flick on, blues took IDFK quick, tackle went flying in, played advantage, blues still going, kept up with play very well, 100% vision at all times on ball, went out wide so i sprinted over to see ball just still in play, darted into the middle because of a cross, header towards goal, defender saves with hand, striker comes and lashes home so second advantage played, red the defender, yellowed the first advantage incident and yellowed the striker for goal celebration (shirt above neck) (second yellow) sent him, and then relaxed haha loved it all!

Did you send the defender off for handling the ball in the save on the line (before the ball was then lashed home)?

Edit:

Yes, if he had handled into the net id have yellowed for the attempt but because he stopped it (dogsoh) it was then a red but i could play an advantage for a different player to lash home i gave red because he stopped it initially crossing the line

I've never had problems with players up to now (now I've written it I'm going to get a rotten egg on Saturday) but I once managed to be able to file misconduct reports for a team's manager, his two "assistants" and six spectators for various things.

Oooooo you can't red card if you allow advantage and a goal is scored. Page 130 of e-version of LOTG. You can still caution, of course.

How could you SM, youve just burst my bubble :"( i dont have e version of LoTG at the moment so ill have to have a look, i thought it was only if theyed palmed it into the net themselves.

I thought i had got it right because there were no complaints whatsoever which is mystifying?

Well anyways, i may as well put my original post into biggest clanger youve ever dropped :')

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SM
Back