A&H

Open Age Penalty, penalty, penalty

zarathustra

RefChat Addict
Just back in from my game this morning.

On the whole it was a decent well contested match, albeit slightly one sided.

Nothing toof major happened, there was 1 caution and a bit of aggro in the second half, but nothing more than handbags.

Except for the away team conceding 3 nailed on penalties, although only 2 went in.

Aside from that, I think I had an OK game, positioning and movement is improving as is my confidence and communication with the players.

Roll on next weekend.

Interestingly I also picked up a line on one of the league cup semi finals next month, so I must be doing something right.

The Referee Store
Just back in from my game this morning.

On the whole it was a decent well contested match, albeit slightly one sided.

Nothing toof major happened, there was 1 caution and a bit of aggro in the second half, but nothing more than handbags.

Except for the away team conceding 3 nailed on penalties, although only 2 went in.

Aside from that, I think I had an OK game, positioning and movement is improving as is my confidence and communication with the players.

Roll on next weekend.

Interestingly I also picked up a line on one of the league cup semi finals next month, so I must be doing something right.

Well done mate, keep doing what you're doing.

Snap! I gave three penalties yesterday to the away team! One saved two converted, 2-2 draw in the end!

Well done on your appointment!

Thanks guys.

It was a strange game, not much happening, but the away team insisted on making stupid challenges in thier area.

The first was a defender planting his leg and taking out the attacker, the second was a blatent push/charge and the third a careless misstimed tackle. I've awarded 5 OA penalties so far this season, and four have involved the away team, 1 for and these three against.

The only whinging about the ones today was the away coach and keeper whinging at their players for giving away the penalties.

Though, I did get a text from the away team coach a little while ago saying that I was off his Christmas card list...

One game I awarded 3 penalties against 1 team. 2 of them were for fouls against the one player, who I also booked for a dive in the PA during the match!

A few years ago in a coaching capacity my team lost 3-2 with all opposition goals coming from penalties. At the time I considered one definite, one probably and one not a penalty. By a strange twist of fate our local RA monthly meeting took place the following Monday evening and by chance I found myself seated next to the referee involved!

Did a youth (U15) match (under protest - I don't like doing kid's games) 2 weeks ago in which I gave 2 penalties. Both were "missed".

The first one was saved because the team in question (obviously pre-planned) decided to try and emulate Messi's trick for Suarez as seen on TV - playing the ball forward and to the right which cut down his onrushing team mate's shooting angle and allowed the keeper to save.
The second one they failed to score because he put it wide!! Stupid boy!!! :D

Funny how a penalty decision can bring out the worst in people :mad:

The first ever penalty I gave was in an under 8's game. Absolute stonewaller, 2 footed challenge from behind by away team defender on home forward, which happened to be at the end the away parents were standing. The fact it was a blatant foul was clearly lost on the away side's parents as they went mental, with one particularly delightful mother seemingly the ringleader (found out afterwards she was the manager's wife). During the 2nd half, the forward fouled in the first half made a rash challenge in his own box following a corner, another clear cut decision. For a split second I admit it crossed my mind not to give it, but common sense and integrity prevailed and pointed to the spot, cue shout from same delightful mother "You got that one right". I looked across and said "excuse me", to which she responds "I didn't say anything", she must have thought I was stupid/deaf or both! I heard a few days after the game that this particular side had been reported 4 times already that season.

That game was on mother's day :eek: hopefully tomorrow's run out isn't a case of Deja Vu!

Back