A&H

Peak A-League - manager awards a free kick

CapnBloodbeard

RefChat Addict
Nothing surprises me in the HAL anymore.
https://streamable.com/ctmrg

That was the manager (a particular bald-headed thug who some of you remember) who 'whistled'. So what does the referee do? Goes with it - really should have been a card to the manager, and it would have been if it was anybody other than Muscat.

Reactions: one
The Referee Store
And the referee was Jarred Gillett who you guys are getting soon. I'd say very very few referees would get this rare incident right (recent the law change).

1549796089222.png

As for the card, yes I would have liked to see a yellow to Muscat but I think that is an acceptable conscious mach control decision he made on the spot.

EDIT: Watching the full stream with sound, Muscat was booked for the incident. 10 out of 10 :)

I wasn't able to watch it with sound - looked like Muscat got booked for later abuse (shock horror).

I think the other team should have had a FK - and the YC needed to be dealt with then and there.

Literally, the only reason that FK occurred was because of the whistle. Makes no sense for me to caution but still stick with that decision.

I think the other team should have had a FK - and the YC needed to be dealt with then and there.
Blue put a foot high, so the direction of the FK looks to be relatively reasonable to me...

Yes, the optimal option would be for a dropped ball to occur, but I suspect that the referee went for some match control, and just went with the offence, which he may have felt was trifling, but smooths things over.

In terms of who blew the whistle, my bet is that the 4O wasn't 100% and didn't inform the referee until after the restart.

And the referee was Jarred Gillett who you guys are getting soon. I'd say very very few referees would get this rare incident right (recent the law change).

View attachment 3062

As for the card, yes I would have liked to see a yellow to Muscat but I think that is an acceptable conscious mach control decision he made on the spot.

EDIT: Watching the full stream with sound, Muscat was booked for the incident. 10 out of 10 :)
Whistling isn't 'throwing or kicking an object'.

I would say it's 'verbally distracts an opponent during play or at a restart' but that applies to a player for USB. Interesting one

Whistling isn't 'throwing or kicking an object'.

I would say it's 'verbally distracts an opponent during play or at a restart' but that applies to a player for USB. Interesting one
The law does not cover every single specific secnarios. You apply the general concept in this case (which is interested by a non-player).

Back