A&H

pay for promotion

andy love

Level 7 Referee
hi guys,

after attending my RA meeting tonight, i learned that as of next season the Devon FA is to charge £20 for anyone going for promotion, this is to help pay for assessments ect.

anyone else have to pay and would you.

The Referee Store
I didn't pay and don't think you should. You pay your registration fee at the beginning of each season and that should cover you if you want to go for promotions.

i had to pay for my promotion assessments this season again £20 + £20 reg fee for this season although if i don't get promoted it means i don't pay next year

i had to pay for my promotion assessments this season again £20 + £20 reg fee for this season although if i don't get promoted it means i don't pay next year
does that mean you can still go for promotion next season to but you have to get all your assessments from scratch (so to speak)

yes, if this season doesn't work out i pay another £20 for the promotion assessments but don't have to pay towards the registration next year.

Think it's common practice these days. I know notts charged for it. Iirc northants do too

Correct Ross. It's a deposit, drop out of the scheme and lose your deposit. It helps to encourage people to only apply if they are committed, and can help cover the costs of the scheme.

i personal don't really mind being charged it is not a lot of money and in a way it is one match fee, i got into refereeing to be involved in the game i love, as i was lets just say not very good as a player, not to make a profit, i can't always go to Nottingham to see the mighty reds, and it gives me something to look forward to each weekend, so if i have to pay a measly £20 to get promoted to the next level, which in turn will allow me to middle or line a better class of football, and if it cuts costs of the county FA's and allows them to keep running then i am all for it.

I just found out Kent FA are charging £25

Even though I'm really not the best ref and had some shocking games in the middle I've had a few excellent feedback compliments from being on the line at high level games.

I'm seriously looking at going for the double jump promotion 7-5 in one season.

Criteria:

Part 1. Promotion from Level 7 to 6 between 01/03/2013 and 31/10/2013

A. Referee at least 20 11-a-side games

B. Be assessed at least 3 times

C. Attend an In-Service Training Workshop for Level 7 referees on promotion

D. Pass an examination on the Laws of the Game

Part 2. Promotion from Level 6 to 5 between 01/11/2013 and 28/02/2014

A. Referee at least another 20 11-a-side games

B. Be assessed at least another 3 times

C. Attend an In-Service Training Workshop for Level 6 referees on promotion

D. Pass another examination on the Laws of the Game

Part 3. Consideration for further Promotion from Level 5 to Level 4;

Officiate as a neutral Assistant Referee on at least 5 Supply League matches in the promotion period between 01/03/2013 and 28/02/2014. Candidates can only be considered for nomination to Level 4 by the County FA once they have passed a Fitness Test based upon Contributory League requirements. The Football Association's criteria for promotion will also have to be satisfied. These guidelines are set in the Level 5 to 4 Promotion Pack.

I've been told that if I pass the tests from 7-6 but fail the 6-5 which I really don't hold much hope I will still be a 6. So it can only help me surely.

i was told by our county unless you get something near an average of 80-90 over club marks + assessments and then interview by appointment that its unlikely you can double jump. Also i've been warned by many level 5,4,3 and 2's about double jumping being too much too soon. i've gone from wanting to go up every year to just taking it one step at a time. (saying that im up for promotion this year :))

I was told by a level 4 yesterday that even if I dont pass the comments by the assessors will def help me to become a better ref

definitely helpful and the best way to improve yourself as a referee!

Do not jump 7-4! I did 6-4 having played at high level and then regularly running line in Spartan Prem (Supply). I see nothing wrong with 7-5, if you feel up for it, although I would say taking it year by year and level by level is more beneficial!

Do not jump 7-4! I did 6-4 having played at high level and then regularly running line in Spartan Prem (Supply). I see nothing wrong with 7-5, if you feel up for it, although I would say taking it year by year and level by level is more beneficial!
thats what i was trying to get at :) taking it more like a marathon rather than a sprint is better

Trust me ill be very happy with getting 6. Really don't hold much if - if any getting the 5 in the same season.

if I get to 6 or even 5 I will not be going for 5 or 6 for a few seasons to get done experience under my belt

I read somewhere in an official document - I think from the FA that if you go for promotion and pay you get it back if you complete it even if you fail - can someone please point me in the right direction if this document please

7-5? As I have said before, why the rush?

Reading many of your posts it seems as though confidence is an issue for you. Believe in yourself and your ability more, but help yoursefl at the same time. Set small, achievable and realistic goals. Is 7-6 more likely than 7-5? Probably. Think of it as a building process. Get 6 this time, then kick on for 5. People say that there is not much difference between the games you get at 6 and 5. This may be partly true but the level of expectation is vastly different. Much more is expected of you as a 5. The marking criteria is different for a start, but taking it step by step sets you up perfectly, and besides, everyone likes winning. Why not win twice?

Thanks mate.

I've put my papers in for promotion for 7-6. I think it is consistency and getting the big ones right I need to improve on.

Hopefully I will get pointers from my assessments and improve from there.

One of the leagues I referee in have said that the referees as the bottom of the table for club marks at half way stage - which is not far off - will be getting a letter and will get pointers on how to improve. I'm expecting a letter soon. The two I've had in the league in the middle I've not had my greatest of games.

Thanks again for the advice.

I am going for my level 6 next year, £25 non refundable, put down to admin fees. Seems CFA's can charge what they like!

Back