A&H

Oxford v Wycombe

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
anyone watching this game?
Wycombe win a penalty (if var in play, would have been ruled out for offside by the way) but I felt the keeper should have been carded for the penalty. He comes rushing to the corner of his 18 to attempt to win the ball, wycombe just win and nick it past him and he clatters into the forward.
No card though.
Not saying it should have been red as its one of those 'was it a genuine attempt for the ball' but could easily be a he was just attempting to block the ball so maybe a red... but definitely a yellow.

The Referee Store
To be frank? That was really a DOGSO challenge. GK did try for the ball, so caution would've been suited.

I can see the referee viewing it as SPA though, which, because of the attempt at the ball, would be downgraded to no card.

Couldn't possibly be DOGSO as the ball went flying off towards the corner flag after the attacker touched it. Which leaves SPA, but as it was a penalty you wouldn't caution for SPA if it was an attempt to play the ball, and for me that applies as the keeper just comes racing out and gets there late. Nothing cynical about it so I would agree with penalty and no caution.

https://www.skysports.com/football/oxford-utd-vs-wycombe/report/425763

Sky’s highlights aren’t accessible to everyone I know but it’s all I can find at the moment. Attacking move starts at 1:22, penalty about 1:25

I’m inclined to caution here for the challenge itself, outright. A similar challenge by a player elsewhere is likely to be cautioned for a charge - he turns his shoulder and blitzes the guy. Momentum plays a part and originally he’s tried to gather the ball, and realised he can’t but it is a physical charge.

Not a DOGSO (ball has gone too far) and the SPA argument has already been made.

Brilliant game by the ref I thought. Wycombe are a big physical side and he managed it well

on a side note, Akinfenwa is not a footballer

Brilliant game by the ref I thought. Wycombe are a big physical side and he managed it well

on a side note, Akinfenwa is not a footballer
Nor was Peter Crouch
Akinfenwa has been really effective player at that level. Nobody can figure it out

Nor was Peter Crouch
Akinfenwa has been really effective player at that level. Nobody can figure it out
It baffles me. He has no technique, he can’t control a ball and he can hardly move. He’s literally a lump. Perfect for Wycombe though I suppose with their style of play

You don't last as long as Bayo has at those levels if you can't play football. Even if he doesn't do anything he has half won the battle as the defenders are scared, that happened tonight where they immediately started giving away free kicks in panic.

I suspect he will retire in the next few weeks though, for all his bulk and appearance he is a clever guy and he will know they is no chance of him playing in the Championship. I met him a few years ago and he's a top guy, really down to earth and happy to talk to anyone and everyone.

I suspect he will retire in the next few weeks though, for all his bulk and appearance he is a clever guy and he will know they is no chance of him playing in the Championship. I met him a few years ago and he's a top guy, really down to earth and happy to talk to anyone and everyone.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the lineup for game one... then retire. From what I read, he's under contract for another year with the club anyhow.

Couldn't possibly be DOGSO as the ball went flying off towards the corner flag after the attacker touched it.
Look at the speed of the player at the moment of the foul though. Take that foul away, he's pretty damned likely to get that ball.

Having said that, my gut is that this was SPA, and the GK is trying to play this ball with his hands, so... downgrade that YC.

https://www.skysports.com/football/oxford-utd-vs-wycombe/report/425763

Sky’s highlights aren’t accessible to everyone I know but it’s all I can find at the moment. Attacking move starts at 1:22, penalty about 1:25

I’m inclined to caution here for the challenge itself, outright. A similar challenge by a player elsewhere is likely to be cautioned for a charge - he turns his shoulder and blitzes the guy. Momentum plays a part and originally he’s tried to gather the ball, and realised he can’t but it is a physical charge.

Not a DOGSO (ball has gone too far) and the SPA argument has already been made.
Yeah, I think I'm on board with this. Shoulder-first charge at that speed and height is pretty much a yellow anywhere on the pitch, I don't think we need to be worrying about DOGSO or SPA here to be reaching for a card.

Back