A&H

Opposition manager asking for name of booked player

DaveMac

RefChat Addict
Level 7 Referee
At the weekend I had a league cup semi final second leg. Green v Red. Greens are leading the first leg 1-0. Greens go on to win the second leg I refereed 2-1, making it 3-1 on agg. Pretty standard game. Bit of needle at points, but no more than your average cup game. Late in the second half I booked a Green player as gave a freekick against them and he booted the ball out of play miles claiming he hadnt heard the whistle and was clearing, clear rubbish so yellow for time wasting.

Now this is where it gets weird, the Greens manager has just rung me saying the Red team manager had just called him up asking for my name and also the name of the Green player I cautioned, also whether the card had been put through the system. Green manager told him he didnt have my info to hand and in that time rang me to ask me if I'd ever had this happened before as in his 10 years of managing a team he'd never had a team after a match enquiring about an opponents yellow card. Green manager was fine about it and said he had no problem with the card as they've had plenty for and against them this season so he wasnt making any trouble.

Does anyone have any idea why the Red team would be so keen to know about a yellow card on the day and my details. Sounds a bit fishy, but I honestly cant work out why he'd be interested, unless they kept really thorough records of all their games, including any cards their opponents get!

The Referee Store
Possibility he was an ineligible and gave a false name?

I've refereed them before and he played. Also putting the caution through the WGS his name was on there. But I guess they might be hunting around for something.

I'm not worried about it at all, but it is a bit strange!

Back