A&H

Ooh, exciting!

DanCohen17

Simply The Best
So, just been appointed to a rather exciting game this coming Saturday.

Tottenham Hotspur u18 v Everton u18 in the Premier League u18 competition.

High possibility this could be my last ever "proper" game and I can't think of many better ways to go out if I'm honest!

The Referee Store
Congratulations! Sounds like a good one! Where's it at? I might try and pop down depending on KO time!
High possibility this could be my last ever "proper" game and I can't think of many better ways to go out if I'm honest!
Why so Dan?

11am KO at the new training ground in Enfield.

Many reasons why Charlie, majority of which I can't say until the official end of the Supply & Contrib season I'm afraid.

Is it in a stadium or at the training ground? Have you done those sorts of games before?

Good luck on the appointment @DanCohen17
Cheers Dave!

When is that?

A great game to get though, well done!!
Mid-May, once play-offs are done and finalised and Level 4 demotion letters are sent out

Is it in a stadium or at the training ground? Have you done those sorts of games before?
It's at Spurs' new training ground

I've done a few u18 & u21 games, but this is my first u18 Premier Leafue (all the others have been PDL)

Could you let us know why this was your last ever game??

Could you let us know why this was your last ever game??
Yes Jojo

Having had a pretty poor season at numerous times, my last banding was E & E. Any level 4 not in their first season who's EE gets demoted. I don't know, yet, where I finished. Should find out next week or so.

If I do get demoted, I will almost definitely pack refereeing in completely (there's a possibility that even if I keep my 4, I'll pack up anyway, currently undecided). Therefore, my last game would have been the Spurs-Everton game.

Yes Jojo

Having had a pretty poor season at numerous times, my last banding was E & E. Any level 4 not in their first season who's EE gets demoted. I don't know, yet, where I finished. Should find out next week or so.

If I do get demoted, I will almost definitely pack refereeing in completely (there's a possibility that even if I keep my 4, I'll pack up anyway, currently undecided). Therefore, my last game would have been the Spurs-Everton game.

Am I right in saying you have to be E or EE for two seasons in a row to be demoted? Why would you want to pack it in completely? Would be a massive shame considering all the hard work to get there!!

If you don't mind me asking, is there any particular reason why you think you've had a bad season? Anything you could have done/handled better?

You're wrong Pierluigi. EE in anything other than 1st season is demotion, regardless of where you were previous season.

Why pack it in? Because, quite simply, I'm fed up with a number of things that make refereeing incredibly unenjoyable for me on a personal level. I've also played to a very good standard and have currently got a number of offers from Step 3, 4 & 5 clubs to play again.

Probably because I stopped caring at one point and it's shown. In hindsight, should have taken sabbatical instead of carrying on. I've finished the season much better because I was relaxed & enjoying it more. I was far too uptight & stressed through the season

You're wrong Pierluigi. EE in anything other than 1st season is demotion, regardless of where you were previous season.

Why pack it in? Because, quite simply, I'm fed up with a number of things that make refereeing incredibly unenjoyable for me on a personal level. I've also played to a very good standard and have currently got a number of offers from Step 3, 4 & 5 clubs to play again.

Probably because I stopped caring at one point and it's shown. In hindsight, should have taken sabbatical instead of carrying on. I've finished the season much better because I was relaxed & enjoying it more. I was far too uptight & stressed through the season

Surely that is harsh though as it means at least one person will be demoted each year, and Ive never come across a 4 to be demoted. It also means that in a league of entirely above standard referees one will always be wrongfully demoted!

Sad to hear your not enjoying it! Perhaps take a sabbatical and play for a year and see how it goes, then if willing come back for a year at 5, achieve promotion to 4 and approach it with a (hopefully!) new found hunger!!

Why would one person be demoted every year? Have to be in band E for clubs AND band E for assessors, not every season by any stretch!

Game keeper turning poacher eh? :hmmm:

Whatever you decide to do, good luck with it. Hopefully the love for upholding the laws (of the game) will return.

I'm sad to hear you feel like that, but obviously if other opportunities arise and you don't enjoy it anymore then go for it!

I hope we will still see you on here though;):p

Good luck in whatever you choose to do Dan, and thanks for explaining to us:)

Back