A&H

Only Yellow!

The Referee Store
I do enjoy your comments CM. I was playing devils advocate a bit because that was the suggestion made by a FL AR for a similar incident at a recent RA meeting. The assessor noted red though which I was pleased to hear.

TBF, Its about as out of control as you can get, thankfully it looks like he retracted his leading boots and just hit him with his trailing shins, It wasn't pretty!!! RC, no bother!!

How about, he pulled out of the challenge, didn't go with his studs, just a bit reckless.

Whether he leads with his studs or not, it has to be a red. Your match control is out the window if you try and justify that as a yellow

How about, he pulled out of the challenge, didn't go with his studs, just a bit reckless.
There are a couple of elements in there that make you think yellow. But a lot more elements to point to red. You assess this on the whole and on the on the whole it fits the definition of excessive force which means red.

Where.........? Red without any doubt...

Both knees bent. Studs are pointing down. I think it's a red. And if had any doubt I would have said it too but I didn't. I thing you are reading too much into my post.

My post was in response to Viking's "How about...". Are we really going to turn this into an argument even though we agree? Seriously. Let me watch my Sunday night movie in peace :).

I see what one is getting at: although the launching off the ground was mad, there's room for this to have been a lot worse if he didn't realise he's missed the ball and attempted to pull out. It's obvious red, but I think there is a slight overraction in some of the above responses, I've seen far worse tackles than this.

Back