A&H

One of those days!

HertsFinest

Next Weeks Ref
No cautions. 0-0 first half. Give a penalty to the away team in 60th minute (of course, it was never a penalty ref!!!) and 1-0, then 10 mins later equaliser and 1-1 and stalemate there after. Very monotonous game

An incident happened at the end where(80 ish mins) by a player left the FOP after an argument with a team mate. Had a strop for a minute then re entered.

All this while the same passage of play was happening.

What is the correct way in law to deal with this?... I was aware of him being off the FOP for about 5 secs before he jogged back on with no permission.

One caution? Two cautions and thus a red? Not sure. I think sending the fella off for 2 cautions here would be exceptionally harsh and possibly incorrect too if you can only issue one.

Would like to hear your opinions and if similar has happened to you at all

The Referee Store
Technically two yellows and a sending off, I guess, though perhaps deciding that the player was committing two offences at the same time and so only giving one caution....and perhaps pointing out that he could have been sent off would possibly do the trick

That's what I did. I felt at that stage in the game to send the fella off would have been exceptionally harsh. Especially as he hasn't caused any problem all game

If you're being assessed, its a 3 card trick.....

Any other time, quick word in his shell like......no real need for a card, unless he's been a real pain all match!

If you're being assessed, its a 3 card trick.....

Any other time, quick word in his shell like......no real need for a card, unless he's been a real pain all match!

These were almost my exact words to his gaffer after the game (he wasn't even aware you could be booked for entering/leaving fop!) That had I been on promotion season or assessed etc the player would have had to of walked.

Back