A&H

Oh dear Mike Dean

Anubis

RefChat Addict
Two pks awarded last night, one, it seems by the AR, correctly, bit unsure as to why the referee was not able to award it himself, however, we got to the right outcome

the second, Dean correctly ( well nearly 100% correct) ignores some cheating, is sent to the monitor, then somehow after the luxury of replays, comes to the wrong call and awards a pk, when the correct call would have been yc simulation in real time. The two arms out in front to cushion the fall, the glance at the defenders trailing leg to see if it can be tripped over, cheat.

and the referee bought it after review, Sorry referee but if you are conned as easy as that you indeed are best off elswewhere on match day.

The Referee Store
i actually thought the first was more a dive and the second more a pen :D

I glanced at the two clips, will get a better look later, the second one is anticipated contact though, attacker cuts inside, looks for defenders leg, goes over it and fires out his two arms in front of him to cushion his own premeditated fall. Sounds like he has practised it perfectly! Imo its textbook cheat and if its rewarded, no wonder it continues.

I glanced at the two clips, will get a better look later, the second one is anticipated contact though, attacker cuts inside, looks for defenders leg, goes over it and fires out his two arms in front of him to cushion his own premeditated fall. Sounds like he has practised it perfectly! Imo its textbook cheat and if its rewarded, no wonder it continues.
i've definitely not studied the clips, seen one replay of each...

first to me looks like the attacker leaves his leg behind him to initiate the contact rather than being clipped by the defender

the second looks like the defender does sweep his leg away to me

Yeah @es1 has it right here - first one is exaggeration of minor contact, second one is a fairly clear drag of the ankle, although also pretty understandable why MD couldn't see it as it would have been directly behind the ball.

Reactions: es1
i've definitely not studied the clips, seen one replay of each...

first to me looks like the attacker leaves his leg behind him to initiate the contact rather than being clipped by the defender

the second looks like the defender does sweep his leg away to me

Its meant to look like that, thats exactly how perfect the cheating is.

Defenders leg out, striker, am going over that and breaking MY fall with both hands out to break my landing. If you are out running and someone trips you up in the park, you land on your face.

Its meant to look like that, thats exactly how perfect the cheating is.

Defenders leg out, striker, am going over that and breaking MY fall with both hands out to break my landing. If you are out running and someone trips you up in the park, you land on your face.

just rewatched it, pen for me, there's clear leg on leg contact, the fall is maybe slightly exaggerated but i've no issue with the pen at all

just rewatched it, pen for me, there's clear leg on leg contact, the fall is maybe slightly exaggerated but i've no issue with the pen at all

Why is there leg on leg contact? because the striker has initiated the contact.

Two pks awarded last night, one, it seems by the AR, correctly, bit unsure as to why the referee was not able to award it himself, however, we got to the right outcome

the second, Dean correctly ( well nearly 100% correct) ignores some cheating, is sent to the monitor, then somehow after the luxury of replays, comes to the wrong call and awards a pk, when the correct call would have been yc simulation in real time. The two arms out in front to cushion the fall, the glance at the defenders trailing leg to see if it can be tripped over, cheat.

and the referee bought it after review, Sorry referee but if you are conned as easy as that you indeed are best off elswewhere on match day.
Nowt like a bit of Re-Refereeing 😸

Nowt like a bit of Re-Refereeing 😸

Thats another kettle of fish, the clear and obvious route.

every kick of that ball last night is worth millions to Everton, potentially their short term future at stake. Soon as that striker cuts inside, he will go down. A brilliant experienced referee should be calling that for what it is. The problem will never go away whilst we reward it

Back