A&H

Offered a place on a course, do I want it?

Well done ! I am a much older person who did a couple of years as a parent reffing to help out I’ve really enjoyed it ! But I thought after only two games from around 20 I had some confrontation which made me feel inadequate as a ref as I was not qualified !!! So now I’m going to do it as I feel as an older person I have something to offer ! I’m not looking forward to doing my 5 games in uniform but not qualified ! What will reaction be????
No reason whatsoever to tell anyone that's the case. You'll turn up in uniform and most players and spectators will assume you're a qualified and experienced ref - don't make things harder for yourself by correcting them!

The Referee Store
Well done ! I am a much older person who did a couple of years as a parent reffing to help out I’ve really enjoyed it ! But I thought after only two games from around 20 I had some confrontation which made me feel inadequate as a ref as I was not qualified !!! So now I’m going to do it as I feel as an older person I have something to offer ! I’m not looking forward to doing my 5 games in uniform but not qualified ! What will reaction be????
Don't kiss the badge!

Minimum of chat. Keep it functional. Whistle. Enjoy.

No reason whatsoever to tell anyone that's the case. You'll turn up in uniform and most players and spectators will assume you're a qualified and experienced ref - don't make things harder for yourself by correcting them!
No badge might be a clue !!! But I hear what you say thank you

I think you're overestimating how much the average player knows the intricacies of referee promotion! ;)
Some referees don’t know the intricacies of the deliberate hand ball part of the law! Good luck with the course and ask any questions you like, you may even get some decent advice too!

Some referees don’t know the intricacies of the deliberate hand ball part of the law! Good luck with the course and ask any questions you like, you may even get some decent advice too!

Cheers, just printing off the LOTG now, so I can read them a few times before the course, and it'll stand me in good stead for when I start reffing (hopefully) 🤞

Cheers, just printing off the LOTG now, so I can read them a few times before the course, and it'll stand me in good stead for when I start reffing (hopefully) 🤞
I bought the tee shirt on reffing in confrontational situations. Strangely I think I flourished in those games and I seemed to Kop for those teams because of my enhanced reputation. Pastures new for me now but always happy to help anyone with tips from experience.

Be confident with your decisions and your whistle. Look confident and it will not be a problem. And if you do make a mistake mid game do not dwell on it and remember your two coloured friends which live in your pocket.

So update on this finished my course this afternoon, felt the 11v11 drill went well and just being a member of here and trawling the threads helped with regards to running patterns etc. had my doubts and a part of me still does, gonna try and use my contacts from coaching to get my first few games in at youth level before my callback evening! Thanks for the advice on here fellas

Reactions: one
So update on this finished my course this afternoon, felt the 11v11 drill went well and just being a member of here and trawling the threads helped with regards to running patterns etc. had my doubts and a part of me still does, gonna try and use my contacts from coaching to get my first few games in at youth level before my callback evening! Thanks for the advice on here fellas
Glad it went well ! I do
My one soon but can’t get my head around how I will do
My five games my FA said join a league and when I told them I was they said they would point me in that direction !!!! CONFUSED ! Lol
But well done

Back