A&H

Not often you see this at top level....

Ciley Myrus

RefChat Addict
Sorry in advance the clip jumps a bit, but, seeing as its classed by some as a diddy event, folk might have missed this incident, where Rangers were reduced to 10 men following a quick fire double yellow, surely if you are the manager you need to go ape with you player, what should have been a straight forward harmless free kick became a double yellow. If ever there is a clip to highlight a players mentality, then this could well be it....

I know from my experience at grass roots, I find i dont really want a double yellow here, but, absolutely its justified....

Skip to 3 mins 10....

The Referee Store
Well am not sure the home teams 95th min goal disallowed for a foul was a foul tbh....i dont know if its on the clip, I never watched it back !!
the 2nd double yellow was not correct for me, at a push a foul but, nothing more.

Celtic and Rangers should be Europa league group stage, given I had not even heard of the opponents for both last night before the games....not quite on the up but maybe where they should be....

I only saw the double yellow briefly (the second one, where he jumps) and I thought that was very, very harsh. I saw comments that it was for leading with the arm/elbow, so maybe I need to watch it again.

I don't like the referee getting up in the player's faces when he goes to punish them. Bit too confrontational for me.

Look at the referees position in the second one. Do you think he was in the best position to see the challenge? I don't think it was a booking on the TV angle. IMO, where the ref is, he would have likely seen the upper arm over the shoulder with the elbow moving into a blind spot at the front of the players face.

Same, I could accept the free kick but unless it was for a combination of offences then am lost as to how it was worthy of a yellow (2nd)
Guessing so, without knowing what was said its hard to comment.

The player also threw his hand up in the air petulantly.

Never a foul for Flanagan, not seen a bigger Scottish tragedy since wee Miley was kicked out of going to Brockville Park! he’s not been on Hope Street since! 😥😥

Back