A&H

Northampton vs Derby NO RED CARD

The Referee Store
Seems a bad miss.

I can understand the referee not seeing it given the angle and possible bodies in the way, but why isn't the A/R getting involved in that?

There's no red card because he hasn't seen a foul. Obviously wrong but I do have some sympathy, referee has had to check back as play progressed around him then is left a long way behind play as ball is played quickly forward. Assistant has no chance as the tug is on the left shoulder so far side to him.

VAR would undoubtedly have overturned it if it was in use, but just one of those things without it.

When you've got the video, DOGSO is clear enough.
At real speed, without the angle, that could be a decision in any direction or none.

Oh-I’m relieved to know there wasn’t VAR on the game. I was thinkng this was another example of VAR failure failure.

From his angle, and it could well be that a player was in the way, that could be very difficult to call. If you're not certain then DOGSO red would be a huge decision.

Incidentally the worst mistake I see is by the defender - he gets two touches and should really be putting it into safety.

Back