A&H

None use of cards

Red card at U15s today. Violent conduct threw a ball at someones face. Player said he didn't intend to but whether he did or didn't intend too he did so he had to go. The easy decision would have been to fudge and just give a yellow but I saw the offence and dealt with it. Intent isnt in the LOTG you have to ref what you see. If I hadn't of binned blue player my match control would have been put at risk. I think the yellows were 6-1 up at the time and it was early in the second half.

The Referee Store
Red card at U15s today. Violent conduct threw a ball at someones face. Player said he didn't intend to but whether he did or didn't intend too he did so he had to go. The easy decision would have been to fudge and just give a yellow but I saw the offence and dealt with it. Intent isnt in the LOTG you have to ref what you see. If I hadn't of binned blue player my match control would have been put at risk. I think the yellows were 6-1 up at the time and it was early in the second half.
Whilst I agree that the cherry was appropriate teeno, why would your match control have suffered if you'd gone with a yellow?

. The team who were offended against were hard but fair and were an Eastern Junior Alliance team, a much better standard, I had good match control at that point but I feel if that I had let it slide the fair tackles would have become sly or downright nasty the dissent would creep into the game and the atmosphere would have changed. I can deal with all this and I know sometimes an innocous decision can cause this anyway but a blatantly wrong decision would affect the match, and this one was in my control. Bad choice of words about match control in retrospect to give a yellow would have been cowardly wrong and affected the game to make an easy game into something more challenging and potentially where there could be a more serious injury. I don't look for trouble but deal with issues with in the LOTG as it makes my life easier and next weeks ref!

Back