A&H

Non League Brawl..

The Referee Store
Can't believe they have what looks like a concrete fence within a metre of the FOP.
Player could easily slide/be barged into that.

I know all three match officials, officiated with two of them and assessed two of them. That's why we have pre-match instructions. You don't want it to happen but need to be prepared for when it does.

Oh right, I didn't know when it was what if it was earlier in the game? When would your sort of cut off point be?

Can only hope both teams get hammered for this. Very poor show by both teams.

Only two reds though - for the original foul and the water bath? I would thought that the assistants could have easily identified more players for RCs, especially in the second round of handbags.

If this happened in one of my games, I would be abandoning regardless of the time remaining in the match. IF it was just the first brawl, possibly continue, but after the second, no way will my match be continuing

The hardest part is identifying who needs cards. It's easy to say from the video that a few more players needed red cards - and that's not even thinking about who needed a yellow.

After watching this, I can say that the referee's performance was very disappointing. He never seemed to be in control of the match, he made several suspect decisions throughout and seemed to lack any awareness for the severity of challenges that have been made. Obviously that's not any excuse for the player's behaviour after the match and during, but he didn't do himself or the game any favours by lacking assertiveness and failing to get into the correct positions time and again.

Back