A&H

Nominated to Level 4

Mick Begley

EFL Assistant Referee
Level 2 Referee
Thought I would share my great news with you all got a call on Friday night from my RDO telling me I am well above the average and will be nominated to the FA for level 4.
All my hard work has paid off just need to wait for the final answer now from the FA

The Referee Store
Well done mate. There aren't many that don't gat accepted after nomination, at least down my away anyway.

I've only had 3 assessments after yet another game was postponed on Sat. Hope to join you soon.

As Brian said, you must put the real effort in for the fitness test. I fell foul of it more than anyone despite loads of training every summer. Good luck and well done.

No prizes handed out for a silly run. I did 3000 last year and looked behind me and was about to be lapped!
Yes, but don't be in the "bus", the group of older referees who qualify by 5 seconds and 5 yards. That will mark you as a non-trier.

Do the yardage, then you get noticed. When I did mine, I was with Mike Riley who was going to 4K+, trying impress. Look what it got him...

Do the yardage, then you get noticed. When I did mine, I was with Mike Riley who was going to 4K+, trying impress. Look what it got him...

People who can run a sub 5 minute mile (at any age) are in the top 1% of global cardio fitness stats.

All I can say is I will do my best like every other Referee who takes his or hers fitness test you can't do any more than 100%, That's what I take into every game as well, do my best take on board from my last assessor's comments and try to do better

It's not just the individual though - it's WHERE you are as well.

As they require X number of officials by region, somewhere like London and the SE you may need to put in the 3 - 4k on a run, stupidly high marks etc, so as to be the top 5 / 10 / 20 that are needed in the area. In other more sparce area's they may not actually have enough nominations to fill the gaps, so bare minimum may be needed as youre promotion is a given.

It's not just the individual though - it's WHERE you are as well.

As they require X number of officials by region, somewhere like London and the SE you may need to put in the 3 - 4k on a run, stupidly high marks etc, so as to be the top 5 / 10 / 20 that are needed in the area. In other more sparce area's they may not actually have enough nominations to fill the gaps, so bare minimum may be needed as youre promotion is a given.

Providing you get round the track, the extra distance you do will not affect your promotion.

You will have enough assessments to funk that up.

The adjudicators are only required to enter pass or fail at the fitness test. If you run 2600M in 12 minutes you pass, if you run more you are still marked down as a pass.

Back