A&H

NLS appeals and allocations

Tealeaf

Lighting the darkest hour
Staff member
Multiple appeals went in after the Non League System restructure following some bonkers decisions. “Intended to cut travel distances” and then did the exact opposite in some bizarre cases (Potton, Biggleswade to name two)

Does anyone know when the outcomes will be announced, or indeed if they already have but quietly? Can’t find anything for looking.

The Referee Store
Multiple appeals went in after the Non League System restructure following some bonkers decisions. “Intended to cut travel distances” and then did the exact opposite in some bizarre cases (Potton, Biggleswade to name two)

Does anyone know when the outcomes will be announced, or indeed if they already have but quietly? Can’t find anything for looking.
I think some of these will balance themselves out after a while. For example, teams competing in the western league from Cornwall, with the exception of the other 3 Cornish teams will almost certainly have to travel much more than they did before as there were no Cor ish sides at step 5 until the restructure
As time goes on I expect more. Cornish sides to get promoted which will push the teams further up, as far as Bristol I believe into more local leagues.
I wouldn't fancy Cadbury Heath to Mousehole on a warm summer midweek evening game.... Almost 8 hour round trip without traffic

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: es1
They have been heard

There's now 23 teams in UCL 1, 21 in UCL Prem South, and 18 in UCL Prem North.

Some of it is baffling. Spartan South Midlands Premier League remains mainly London, Herts, Middlesex and Berks & Bucks clubs. Their division 1 has moved way North with clubs moved from the UCL in Northamptonshire, but London Tigers have been left in there. Their closest rivals are 35 miles away, second closest 60 miles away. Conversely you have the likes of Hillingdon Borough, Enfield Borough, London Lions and Rayners Lane, all within a few miles, in the Combined Counties League.

I think some of these will balance themselves out after a while. For example, teams competing in the western league from Cornwall, with the exception of the other 3 Cornish teams will almost certainly have to travel much more than they did before as there were no Cor ish sides at step 5 until the restructure
As time goes on I expect more. Cornish sides to get promoted which will push the teams further up, as far as Bristol I believe into more local leagues.
I wouldn't fancy Cadbury Heath to Mousehole on a warm summer midweek evening game.... Almost 8 hour round trip without traffic

Is there anywhere to find anymore information on the restructure in the South West? A couple of officials I worked with were talking about it at the end of a game but because I'm relatively new down here and arrived during the lockdown so my local geography wasn't good enough to decipher it all

There’s a load of really good info and discussion on the nonleaguematters website and forum. Here’s the page for restructuring discussion on the forum, which includes a thread on appeals

Is there anywhere to find anymore information on the restructure in the South West? A couple of officials I worked with were talking about it at the end of a game but because I'm relatively new down here and arrived during the lockdown so my local geography wasn't good enough to decipher it all
I'm not sure mate.
In terms of geography, Wikipedia shows the geographical location of clubs on a map if that helps..
I doubt a referee would be sent 8 hour round trip mind. Long day for clubs though

This may be of interest to illustrate the changes and geography: https://twitter.com/NonLeagueMaps . Specifically https://t.co/LtlZEgs8FY?amp=1 , https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/2/v...155&z=9&mid=1VHyNt4YDzuTCjjKWC_cuNfepUdHT89UL and https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/2/v...134&z=8&mid=1dwdjSMsgb2WEIkEIoYkIyC45b6tbqz_I . In terms of appointments for step 5/6 AR's, they are separated by geography. North (Somerset/Gloucestershire) and West (Devon/Cornwall). Due to the £40 fixed fee both appointment secs try to keep very local too.

Some of it is baffling. Spartan South Midlands Premier League remains mainly London, Herts, Middlesex and Berks & Bucks clubs. Their division 1 has moved way North with clubs moved from the UCL in Northamptonshire, but London Tigers have been left in there. Their closest rivals are 35 miles away, second closest 60 miles away. Conversely you have the likes of Hillingdon Borough, Enfield Borough, London Lions and Rayners Lane, all within a few miles, in the Combined Counties League.
Exactly my thoughts. With Potton and Biggleswade they’re moving yet other south A1 area clubs are staying eg Arlesey and Baldock. Move one Milton Keynes club (Newport Pagnell) but retain MK Irish.

Its an absolute mess.

Back