A&H

Next Season

Charlie Jones

Work Until You Don't Have To Introduce Yourself
so as you can see from my miserable tally of games/cards etc. below, last season was one to forget!

my first season back in black (albeit starting in November) started and ended rather swiftly with a wonderful ankle and then knee injury!

with that done, and my fitness on the up (slowly) I'm now starting to look forward to next season, get a good one under my belt and then start looking at these promotions!

The Referee Store
Im looking at the Southend Sunday and the Brentwood leagues (as these were the 2 from last season and they haven't once kicked a fuss about my unavailability)

If you just want to do Sunday football then they're ok - for promotion candidates the expectation will be that you sign up for one of Saturday leagues, especially once you get to L6 as you'll need to start being a lino as well. If you're not going for promotion until next season (i.e. from 1st March 2016) then its not so much of an issue right now.

If you can do the odd Saturday here and there, the Olympian League is a good one to do, even if you just want to be a lino as you'll go out with L5 or L4 refs and it's good experience in terms of football quality and preparation (e.g. arrive 1 hour before, shirt and tie, teamsheets, roped-off pitches). Even if you just put your name down, you don't have to commit to anything.

If you want a real challenge and enjoy submitting discipline reports, the Romford & District League is another one for Saturdays.

oh right! I'm with you - yeah next season ill stick to refereeing Sundays but may look at the Olympian league ... do they accept level 7 referees to run the line for that?

Back