A&H

Newcastle v utd

The Referee Store

Not even cautioning for this is how to manage a game kids!!
Miley, you are on mad troll mode recently.

This challenge is a disgsuting act of thuggery and should have been sanctioned by the FA afterwards. The man's an animal
Ouch! Certainly yellow at least, would have had no problem if the ref had pulled out red for that. Have to agree with majority here, no card at all for that is a big black mark on the ref's observation report for this match.

49174388_10156092357888437_9196773321570516992_o.jpgThere were a few perks to the job playing in the 70s, it wasn't always about diving Frannie.......:rolleyes:

Not even cautioning for this is how to manage a game kids!!
Miley, you are on mad troll mode recently.

This challenge is a disgsuting act of thuggery and should have been sanctioned by the FA afterwards. The man's an animal
I don't think anyone would oppose a dismissal for this, but it's no good posting slo-mo's when we all missed it in real time. Some of us can (sometimes) take our 'fan spectacles' off when assessing an incident as your defence of Bailly was indefensible

Last edited:
An older friend of mind, he must be in his 60's now was once on the books of Rotherham reserves and SUFC reserves, he was playing a low key reserve game for Rotherham in front of a few scouts etc and he kept skinning the right back every time making him look an idiot, after 3-4 times of doing this player whispers in his ear, 'do that again and i'm f****** having ye'......now, he loved a cheeky challenge so skinned him again, next time though he felt a sharp pain down his right calf, next thing when he came around he was being given oxygen on the pitch with a fractured tib & fib of his right leg (bit like the Shelvey tackle), in them days treatment wasn't as efficient and he was out for 12 months, on return, he'd lost his pace, his zip, he was fearful in tackles and packed it all in and became an engineering manager. Never played again!!! It was a revenge tackle as this lad thought he was a decent prospect and was being ridiculed.....

I don't think anyone would oppose a dismissal for this, but it's no good posting slo-mo's when we all missed it in real time. Some of us can (sometimes) take our 'fan spectacles' off when assessing an incident as your defence of Bailly was indefensible

Well if this is only a "maybe" dismissal then my spectacles have made me blind! It is literally the worst challenge I've seen in weeks.
Yes I was really defending Bailly hard when I said "he should have been sent off minutes earlier anyway"... what mad red goggles I have on :wall::wall:

Well if this is only a "maybe" dismissal then my spectacles have made me blind! It is literally the worst challenge I've seen in weeks.
Yes I was really defending Bailly hard when I said "he should have been sent off minutes earlier anyway"... what mad red goggles I have on :wall::wall:
Any club outside the top 6 has to be thankful to get away with one against any of the top 6
It doesn't happen very often
Like most modern football fans (top 6), you'll never know the reality of getting stuffed most weeks, one way or another

Interesting points raised by ex Palace Chairman saying that within 3-5 years the Premier League may well become its own broadcaster, the money then could go even more sky high...May screw SKY and BT though in the process!!

Interesting points raised by ex Palace Chairman saying that within 3-5 years the Premier League may well become its own broadcaster, the money then could go even more sky high...May screw SKY and BT though in the process!!
Not much of a secret that the top clubs around Europe are tapping each other up to breakaway. It will all change one way or another; it has to with teams now touching 33/1 to win away from home in the PL. That's not sport

Any club outside the top 6 has to be thankful to get away with one against any of the top 6
It doesn't happen very often
Like most modern football fans (top 6), you'll never know the reality of getting stuffed most weeks, one way or another

Perhaps not. But Utd have been denied at least one EPL titles and two ECL finals by refs. (I'm going back a fair bit mind).
Still a nicer problem to have I suppose

Three of the online paper match reports I have read today dont even mention the referee at all.

Maybe so, but there were two very big topics about Shelvey's challenge on reddit's football sub (/r/soccer); One that went live within minutes of the challenge being made and one that went live when it was reported that the FA was not taking retrospective action due to the referee having seen it.

Both topics very much disappointed with the referee's decision there and the latter topic was filled with surprised reactions that the FA had allowed it to go unpunished *and* that the referee had essentially 'seen it' and done nothing about it beyond giving a free-kick. The media might play blind to it, but the spectators certainly weren't.

Ouch! Certainly yellow at least, would have had no problem if the ref had pulled out red for that. Have to agree with majority here, no card at all for that is a big black mark on the ref's observation report for this match.

Exactly, it's a bad call.

I don't think he had a good game at all, but that's me. :p

I'm lost here as it is yet another topic that has been taken off topic. I've been away for a couple of weeks, but please, please stop taking things off topic. All of us mods would much rather spend our time replying to relevant topics than deleting totally irrelevant posts. (P.S. I am copying this and will be pasting it onto any other topics I might find that have departed from the plot …!)

Back