A&H

Newcastle robbed!!

Completely, but you've now pretty much contradicted yourself (which is what I thought you'd do anyway).

Fact is, you intimated that Toon fans should somehow be grateful for Ashley. They're not and never should be.

You'd argue the colour of blood mate .... :wall:

Without having the exact figures to hand, had Ashley not purchased the club, then they were going to the wall due to the debts ran up by the last owners
So no, nothing to be grateful for at all.

The Referee Store
Depressing. Anyway, as for Jeremy Simpson, I'm gonna get a reputation as a ref basher. Perez wasn't a fan

Without having the exact figures to hand, had Ashley not purchased the club, then they were going to the wall due to the debts ran up by the last owners
So no, nothing to be grateful for at all.
I think those figures were more a function of Ashley's propaganda. Considering he's such a clever guy, whose fault was it that he didn't do due diligence? He won't be out of pocket unless he waits until it's worthless before selling (which he might). He's about 80 million in front on transfers

I think those figures were more a function of Ashley's propaganda. Considering he's such a clever guy, whose fault was it that he didn't do due diligence? He won't be out of pocket unless he waits until it's worthless before selling (which he might). He's about 80 million in front on transfers

Given his billionaire status and undeniable success as a businessman, he could afford to sell the club at a loss and still be dining ok for a while, and to be in control of a top flight club and not be out of pocket merely cements his status as a success
When any of us are billionaires, then maybe we can preach to a referee forum on how to be successful....

When any of us are billionaires, then maybe we can preach to a referee forum on how to be successful....

Where did anybody do that? They didn't. ;)

This is simply a couple of Toon fans displaying the disdain for their club's Chairman that practically every other fan does.

Ashley wants profit from NUFC as a business. He's not bothered about success or silverware. What's to like from a fan perspective? (Don't bother answering that one - purlease!! :rolleyes: ).

Where did anybody do that? They didn't. ;)

This is simply a couple of Toon fans displaying the disdain for their club's Chairman that practically every other fan does.

Ashley wants profit from NUFC as a business. He's not bothered about success or silverware. What's to like from a fan perspective? (Don't bother answering that one - purlease!! :rolleyes: ).

Oh am going to answer but you have answered it yourself, its (not diff to majority of clubs) a business.
And, even before his arrival, in my lifetime, this huge giant of a club with the most loyal fan base of all time has won, oh, nothing
So, with Ashley, no cups. Before Ashley, no cups. (but at least a club still exists ).

Oh am going to answer but you have answered it yourself, its (not diff to majority of clubs) a business.
And, even before his arrival, in my lifetime, this huge giant of a club with the most loyal fan base of all time has won, oh, nothing
So, with Ashley, no cups. Before Ashley, no cups. (but at least a club still exists ).
The only difference between Newcastle and say; Man City & Chelsea, is we got the fat man and the other two were slightly luckier
All three were on the brink before new owners stepped in. So the whole whose won what business has nowt to do with the size of the club, the fans or anything else
I have some time for other clubs who've always been big clubs throughout the decades, but even they're at a disadvantage
Trophies are bought by billionaires. I long since stopped going to PL games and have mostly lost interest, but it's difficult to let something go (entirely) of a cultural thing you were brought up with

The only difference between Newcastle and say; Man City & Chelsea, is we got the fat man and the other two were slightly luckier
All three were on the brink before new owners stepped in. So the whole whose won what business has nowt to do with the size of the club, the fans or anything else
I have some time for other clubs who've always been big clubs throughout the decades, but even they're at a disadvantage
Trophies are bought by billionaires. I long since stopped going to PL games and have mostly lost interest, but it's difficult to let something go you were brought up with

I dont disagree. All am trying to say, is, (and of course we will never know so its guesswork), had their been no Ashley to take over then would there even be a Newcastle today?

I dont disagree. All am trying to say, is, (and of course we will never know so its guesswork), had their been no Ashley to take over then would there even be a Newcastle today?

Of course there would.

They may have found themselves "starting over" (having gone into receivership) from say, League 2 or suchlike but of course there'd be a club.

What do you suppose the thousands of fans would do? Start going to rugby matches instead?

NUFC fans don't want NUFC to just "exist". If they did, they'd be Mackems not Toon. :D

Your notion that they should be grateful to Ashley just because NUFC exists is frankly laughable.

I think our wavelengths are different. Newcastle yo yo club before Ashley, who won nothing and even when they had half a chance, sold Andy Cole to their title rivals.
Newcastle with Ashley, yo yo club.
I cant see any reason why they would not be grateful for being in the position they are currently in.

OK, I may be stating the obvious here, but this is a refereeing forum

If you want to talk about teams rather than referees there are plenty of fans forums to facilitate this.

Back on topic please.

Back