A&H

Newcastle robbed!!

The Referee Store
WTF has the ref done.... penalty all day long!!!
We're a soft touch for some reason. Sure most fans feel like that at times
Another ref who oozed potential for a nightmare KMI (and duly delivered)
That said, Rafa put out a disjointed team which only looked good enough when the subs came on. Kenedy was absolutely dreadful, albeit out of position

1535619562130.png

"I've been found out and exposed yet again. I've got no new ideas, and can't achieve much on my own, and my signings when I make them are rubbish but who cares? The fans love me and hate the board! What can I say?"

View attachment 2389

"I've been found out and exposed yet again. I've got no new ideas, and can't achieve much on my own, and my signings when I make them are rubbish but who cares? The fans love me and hate the board! What can I say?"
I see that Rafa has come in for some criticism in recent weeks. Claims that he's been left behind as a manager etc.
The media are so fickle. Newcastle have an unbelievably difficult run of fixtures to start the season which continues for another month or so
For a Club in our position, who are well into profit on transfers over the past decade (equally during Benitez' term), we're amazingly fortunate to have a Champions League Winner at the helm. He's shown mutual adoration with the fans and successfully managed lessor players back the the Premier League, finishing a miracle 10th last year. The team, which is pretty average, almost never gets beat by more than two goals, meaning we're still in most games 'til the death
Success these days is almost entirely down to one thing; who owns the football club
Unfortunately, Fat Mike merely uses NUFC to promote his Sports Direct brand and has no other interest in the Club. We're only competing because we have an exceptional manager. If he walks, I'd expect us to plummet like the Mackems
BTW, last time we were at the City Ground, we played with 9 men and lost to an OG in the last minute. Both dismissals were overturned on appeal. When did you last hear of that happening?

View attachment 2389

NUFC could have a World Cup winner in charge and it wouldn't make a jot of difference.

Thanks to Ashley's selfishness, greed and total refusal to spend money on player purchases, NUFC are attempting to remain in the Premier league with a Championship standard team every year. They'll be back there again soon - thanks to Ashley. Rocket science it aint. ;)

NUFC could have a World Cup winner in charge and it wouldn't make a jot of difference.

Thanks to Ashley's selfishness, greed and total refusal to spend money on player purchases, NUFC are attempting to remain in the Premier league with a Championship standard team every year. They'll be back there again soon - thanks to Ashley. Rocket science it aint. ;)
Benitez does make a difference, a big difference
There isn't a lot of difference between the top 10 in the Championship and the bottom 10 in the PL, so the term 'Championship Team' is misused imo
Results on the field make no difference to the future of NUFC. If Ashley holds on, Benitez will go and we'll drop through a mutiny into an abyss. The only realistic chance a club has of success, is if a willing and very wealthy owner buys the club. It's this last sentiment that's not 'rocket science' :(

Benitez does make a difference, a big difference
There isn't a lot of difference between the top 10 in the Championship and the bottom 10 in the PL, so the term 'Championship Team' is misused imo
Results on the field make no difference to the future of NUFC. If Ashley holds on, Benitez will go and we'll drop through a mutiny into an abyss. The only realistic chance a club has of success, is if a willing and very wealthy owner buys the club. It's this last sentiment that's not 'rocket science' :(

Of course Benitez makes a difference. He's an experienced top level manger and coach whose main skill is in shrewd defensive organisation. That's why Toon, even though they're only a "Championship Standard" team,( ;) ) tend only to lose by the odd goal or sometimes two rather than being hammered when up against a top six side. Benitez knows that the standard of player he has at his disposal restricts the potential to win matches against all but other "Championship Standard" teams and so bases his tactics generally on defence rather than offence. Even if we had Guardiola or Mourinho there - it's the standard of the players that dictates how well you do in a season - not how brilliant your coach might be. The end result would/will be the same, with or without Benitez. They'll either drop because Benitez walks and it all goes to rat shyte or they'll drop because they're not good enough to be in the Premier league, in spite of Benitez. Either way, it'll be down to Ashley, who won't give a monkey's so long as the thick Geordie Faithfull keep paying his season ticket prices (which they will). That was my point. :cool:

Business wise Ashley has done a superb job... god knows why he isn’t lauded as a messiah 😜

Newcastle would probably not be trading/existing at all but for Ashley and if anyone on here has 10% as much money in the bank as Ashley then speak up (ps, in advance, I dont believe you)

So whose the fools....

Newcastle would probably not be trading/existing at all but for Ashley and if anyone on here has 10% as much money in the bank as Ashley then speak up (ps, in advance, I dont believe you)

So whose the fools....

That's like saying the UK would sink into anarchy without the current government.

Ashley took the club on for his own profit and delight. He refuses to sell it to anybody else outside of a figure the club clearly isn't worth.

The fans don't like any of it nor should they.

That's like saying the UK would sink into anarchy without the current government.

Ashley took the club on for his own profit and delight. He refuses to sell it to anybody else outside of a figure the club clearly isn't worth.

The fans don't like any of it nor should they.

Nothing like the same, the UK government is elected, Ashley is a self made billionairre. Its his club, he gets to call the price, same as you do when you are selling your car or house.....

Ashley saves the club when not one of the fiercely loyal local fans/businesses show an interest, and appoints one of the grandest managers the club could ever have, and gets stick for it? Where were the buyers when nobody wanted the club when it was on its knees?

Last edited:
Benitez has never convinced me wherever he has been, so I'm merely reflecting a long term viewpoint of my own. The similarities between the situation at Liverpool and Newcastle are quite distinct. Both are masking his own deficiencies as there are bigger targets for hate and vitirol than him that more than deflect attention away.

So whose the fools....
I know a lot of fools with a lot of money. Anyway, I don't think the Fat Mike is a fool as such. Owning NUFC complements his Sport Direct interest quite nicely whilst pandering to his massive ego
Newcastle would be trading, just like all the other elite clubs who've had a brush with HMRC

Benitez has never convinced me wherever he has been, so I'm merely reflecting a long term viewpoint of my own. The similarities between the situation at Liverpool and Newcastle are quite distinct. Both are masking his own deficiencies as there are bigger targets for hate and vitirol than him that more than deflect attention away.
He's the only decent manager we've had since Bobby Robson. (Actually, that's a mistake because Chris Hughton was excellent also)
I really like his manner too. I also like his 'realistic' tactics, because we've been humped a thousand times under his predecessors

Nothing like the same, the UK government is elected, Ashley is a self made billionairre. Its his club, he gets to call the price, same as you do when you are selling your car or house.....

You somewhat missed my point. :rolleyes:

I didn't vote for the current government and don't like how they're running things. (Just like Ashley and and NUFC fans - we didn't vote him in).

But by your logic I should just be grateful that we've even got a government eh?

You somewhat missed my point. :rolleyes:

I didn't vote for the current government and don't like how they're running things. (Just like Ashley and and NUFC fans - we didn't vote him in).

But by your logic I should just be grateful that we've even got a government eh?

Total off topic but you live in a democracy, so, if you never voted for the powers that be, that's simply tough
NUFC is a business and not a human right and it can be run any which way the owner(s) choose and if you dont like it, you buy it and run it in a different way instead. Until you can do so, again, simply thats hard lines.

Total off topic but you live in a democracy, so, if you never voted for the powers that be, that's simply tough
NUFC is a business and not a human right and it can be run any which way the owner(s) choose and if you dont like it, you buy it and run it in a different way instead. Until you can do so, again, simply thats hard lines.

Completely, but you've now pretty much contradicted yourself (which is what I thought you'd do anyway).

Fact is, you intimated that Toon fans should somehow be grateful for Ashley. They're not and never should be.

You'd argue the colour of blood mate .... :wall:

Back