A&H

Newcastle keeper trying a DeGea

Anubis

RefChat Addict
From the very brief look at Cambridge goal today, it appeared the Newcastle keeper was going to roll around injuried in a desperate attempt to chalk their goal off. It looked pathetic.

maybe I watch it again later and see what the reality was

The Referee Store
In the same situation, a Cambridge player was in an offside position. But an active movement from Shelvey towards the ball was deemed to be active play. I think it was correct to give the goal, even though these situations with active vs. deflection often feel unjust for the defending team.

In the same situation, a Cambridge player was in an offside position. But an active movement from Shelvey towards the ball was deemed to be active play. I think it was correct to give the goal, even though these situations with active vs. deflection often feel unjust for the defending team.

Just had another look from bbc page and only the goal.

is it the very start of the move with the offside position?

not worthy of debate, clearly a deliberate play by the defender. Did not even realise it had been a possibility, and, entirely correct to award the goal

From the very brief look at Cambridge goal today, it appeared the Newcastle keeper was going to roll around injuried in a desperate attempt to chalk their goal off. It looked pathetic.

maybe I watch it again later and see what the reality was
They all cheat...

No idea what VAR were looking at for so long WRT the Cambridge goal. Shelvey played the ball FGS. Check should be over in 5 seconds

I backed Cambridge, so decent compensation for a new Mags low point. Insane odds on offer for the League 1 Team against the same team that's won 1/21 games this season. Long shots don't come any easier than that. FGS, Newcastle were six to one on!!! Insanity
They'll be OK. That's guaranteed now. Doesn't matter what happens on the FOP
On the other side of the coin, Derby playing their hearts out ATM, then Fat Mike comes into the equation... RIP :dead: Again... football...what happens on the FOP irrelevant compared to what happens off it

Gotta say, the choice of televised games in the 3rd round has been depressing. Boreham Wood and Kidderminster making way so we can watch the same rich Clubs on TV who are already certain to be on our screens every other game. Shameful commerce of the game. 'The unseen magic of the FA Cup'

Last edited:
They all cheat...

No idea what VAR were looking at for so long WRT the Cambridge goal. Shelvey played the ball FGS. Check should be over in 5 seconds

I backed Cambridge, so decent compensation for a new Mags low point. Insane odds on offer for the League 1 Team against the same team that's won 1/21 games this season. Long shots don't come any easier than that. FGS, Newcastle were six to one on!!! Insanity
They'll be OK. That's guaranteed now. Doesn't matter what happens on the FOP
On the other side of the coin, Derby playing their hearts out ATM, then Fat Mike comes into the equation... RIP :dead: Again... football...what happens on the FOP irrelevant compared to what happens off it

Gotta say, the choice of televised games in the 3rd round has been depressing. Boreham Wood and Kidderminster making way so we can watch the same rich Clubs on TV who are already certain to be on our screens every other game. Shameful commerce of the game. 'The unseen magic of the FA Cup'

No shock I did originally find a way to post of Newcastles demise in the best referee related way I could!

but away from my dislike of them, yes, the offside check deserved a routine one over, nothing more,

Hopefully Bruce enjoyed it as he wiped his archie with paper money.

No shock I did originally find a way to post of Newcastles demise in the best referee related way I could!

but away from my dislike of them, yes, the offside check deserved a routine one over, nothing more,

Hopefully Bruce enjoyed it as he wiped his archie with paper money.
It's not really demise though is it? It's a Nadir. Perhaps relegation will be the ultimate low point. But even that's just a delay to the project. You'll dislike them even more when they're competing the EPL. It's all wrong, but drowning on The Tyne will become quite common for 'fans' who conveniently latch onto the big clubs (so as not to experience frequent defeat like those fans of other clubs with character and identity)!

I'm winding you up to some extent, but I ain't got much time for folk who apparently support the rich clubs. Besides, I'm honestly way past caring. The day Newcastle buy a trophy (like certain predecessors), I might celebrate by having one extra pint down the pub. Then again, I have 'one for the road' on every visit anyway 😆

The only thing that bothered me yesterday, was that it brought a tear to my 10 year old's eyes. He's been into football in a fairly big way for 3 years or so... and he literally doesn't know what it's like to win. I tried to get him to support Watford, but that path was equally forlorn

Last edited:
It's not really demise though is it? It's a Nadir. Perhaps relegation will be the ultimate low point. But even that's just a delay to the project. You'll dislike them even more when they're competing the EPL. It's all wrong, but drowning on The Tyne will become quite common for 'fans' who conveniently latch onto the big clubs (so as not to experience frequent defeat like those fans of other clubs with character and identity)!

I'm winding you up to some extent, but I ain't got much time for folk who apparently support the rich clubs. Besides, I'm honestly way past caring. The day Newcastle buy a trophy (like certain predecessors), I might celebrate by having one extra pint down the pub. Then again, I have 'one for the road' on every visit anyway 😆

100%. my siding with a red army peaked late 90s and has diminished now to teaspoon levels, mid 80s to 2001 I flew and waved a flag, very often in person
Aside from my miniscule hometown team, who bounced so much Delia would be jealous, and today sit proudly 8th ( i think) in scotlands third tier

either way i cheer nor jeer either way when results come in

Still funny tho as, Ashleys the problem, Bruce is the prob, lets sack Sir Bobby, lets pay Shearer to take us down....oh wait, maybe in reality we are just mince,

Summer 95, 96,? I mind turning up n London to be met with million zebras dancing thro Leicester Square, this was it, they had Shearer, the charity shield was theirs.
0-4 later and back to base...

The only question that ran through my head for the goal was whether the keeper managed to handle the ball onto the ground and therefore couldn't be challenged.

I went with; no, because it looks like he tried to roll it with his hand rather than trap it.

Cambridge fan here, still recovering from a great day out.....
I think May (offside Centre mid, played on) rakes the thigh of the keeper in that 1st challenge, there is an element of control of the ball by the keeper in that next phase too. I still think we are a bit lucky it wasn't chalked off, fantastic day though, 5000 cambridge going crazy.

I can't express how horrible VAR is for fans, the initial kick after a goal goes in and that checking screen pops up, followed by the agonising wait and then finally limbs (or not :( )

Cambridge fan here, still recovering from a great day out.....
I think May (offside Centre mid, played on) rakes the thigh of the keeper in that 1st challenge, there is an element of control of the ball by the keeper in that next phase too. I still think we are a bit lucky it wasn't chalked off, fantastic day though, 5000 cambridge going crazy.

I can't express how horrible VAR is for fans, the initial kick after a goal goes in and that checking screen pops up, followed by the agonising wait and then finally limbs (or not :( )

VAR is intended to ensure the bigger team progress, as it was proven on the day.

In your "humble" opinion?

If you could refrain for just one day from antagonising hoping for a response you can then cry victim over....

the post was sarcasm. If its over your head, it negates your reason to comment, other than to inflame

Always nice to see who is willing to provoke though, and, how quickly.

If you could refrain for just one day from antagonising hoping for a response you can then cry victim over....

the post was sarcasm. If its over your head, it negates your reason to comment, other than to inflame

Always nice to see who is willing to provoke though, and, how quickly.
Yeh I like a bit of sarcy... but it rarely gets recognised on a forum as tongue in cheek

Great post by @ben_white161
You had nothing to fear though Ben... Geordie's have had a torrid time with VAR this season. I'm sure Shockley Park is in Qatar
Shockley from my spellchecker... v clever my phone!

Back