A&H

Newcastle/Crystal Palace

cwyeary

RefChat Addict

So apparently if a defender pushes an attacker into the GK who is about to head the ball, the outcome is a foul on the GK. Okay.

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Baffling, but not the first and probably won't be the last time we see this kind of decision in the PL. :eek:

Sounds like a another bad day for VAR
B&Ws robbed but sounds like West Ham got the same treatment
I just wish they could resist the compulsion to interfere with all goals the process was not intended for
I always feel a small element of shame when the VAR embarrasses us

Just wait for the clangers FGS

I just wish they could resist the compulsion to interfere with all goals the process was not intended for
It seems pretty clear that they don't want soft goals, pks, and red cards that aren't clear cut. They may tell the media that they have a high bar, but week after week we see that bar lowered to remove goals and red cards while the bar is made ridiculously high when it comes to goals/PKs/reds not given.

It seems pretty clear that they don't want soft goals, pks, and red cards that aren't clear cut. They may tell the media that they have a high bar, but week after week we see that bar lowered to remove goals and red cards while the bar is made ridiculously high when it comes to goals/PKs/reds not given.
Please tell me your man is on that flight of his over the pond to replace our numpty

Please tell me your man is on that flight of his over the pond to replace our numpty

Not until after the MLS season/World Cup.

I suppose the 6 weeks off during the World Cup might give him some time to make some changes but we'll see.

New referee at that level nervous, determined to take no chances
Guided in ear by one of the poorest performimg refs in epl history

what could go wrong?

this

New referee at that level nervous, determined to take no chances
Guided in ear by one of the poorest performimg refs in epl history

what could go wrong?

this
Moss no doubt?
Seems the R wasn't even shown the best angle which I've seen cos I was streaming the game. A real sickener
Ain't seen the Hammers one yet. They seem even more vociferous

Anyway, I'll stay out of the rest of the thread. I've nothing else to add

Last edited:
Moss no doubt?
Seems the R wasn't even shown the best angle which I've seen cos I was streaming the game. A real sickener

This is the howler. The last angle shown to the ref made it look like a foul on Mendy. Now whether it's clear and obvious is another question but as we've talked about removing a goal is a lot easier than giving one apparently.

Moss no doubt?

Lee Mason. Jon Moss was made a manager of PL refs due to his incredible on field career...

tbh Moss be more mobile in his current role than he ever was on the pitch

Thought Sailsbury had a pretty rubbish game, loads of thrown-in and corner/goal kick decisions that he clearly got wrong.

Didn't think there was too much contact (for him to go flying into the GK) from the defender onto the player for the disallowed goal, understand other people's opinions though.

Inconsistent decision from VAR!

Watching MOTD now, everything says goal, even the Palace players accept its a goal

long shot, now having seen the bigger picture, thinking out the box, could Mason have recommended disallowing the goal due to the awardimg of the originali idfk which led to the goal?

never know

Watching MOTD now, everything says goal, even the Palace players accept its a goal

long shot, now having seen the bigger picture, thinking out the box, could Mason have recommended disallowing the goal due to the awardimg of the originali idfk which led to the goal?

never know
No, he cannot. That would be a blatant violation of VAR protocols. (But then, it is the PL, so . . . )

Back