A&H

New

Alfie12348

Becoming a referee I’m 16 and looking for any experienced referees to see if I can come down to watch you in anyway in Middlesex / Hillingdon

The Referee Store
im always baffled as to why Middlesex is still used as a county name but it was abolished in 1965,,, Can someone explain this please????

im always baffled as to why Middlesex is still used as a county name but it was abolished in 1965,,, Can someone explain this please????

From the Middlesex Federation web site

There's more, a lot more, but this is probably enough!

When we talk of Middlesex where do we mean?
The County, the Province or the Tribal Lands?
It's possible you didn't even realise there is a choice!

We do know that anyone who says Middlesex
‘doesn’t exist’ is talking out their hat.

The assumption that because the County Council was abolished Middlesex is abolished is fanciful - did Middlesex not exist before 1889? For that is the very recent date the Middlesex County Council was formed.

And as you will read and learn,
nothing could be further from the truth

Still baffled, Its a County FA to a County that doesn't exist?? Not saying it never existed just the actual County Name doesn't exist, or does it???
I know the neanderthals of East Yorkshire escaped for a bit and paraded as Humberside but they saw sense and came back to Gods County!!!

Still baffled, Its a County FA to a County that doesn't exist?? Not saying it never existed just the actual County Name doesn't exist, or does it???
I know the neanderthals of East Yorkshire escaped for a bit and paraded as Humberside but they saw sense and came back to Gods County!!!

Come on - pay attention!;)

The argument is that 'Middlesex doesn't exist' is based on the abolition of the County Council. As the County of Middlesex existed for hundreds of years before the formation of a county council, the abolition of such, doesn't mean that the county doesn't exist.

Its not just Middlesex County FA of course, there is the small matter of the cricket club called Middlesex as well!

Pub debate above aside - Great idea...I'm in Surrey sometimes Kingston ish. If you drive that could work for you - otherwise you might have to hold out for someone closer.

Back