A&H

New Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
Okay it's working now and looks like a good site. Prices are generally decent, but the Stanno kit seems quite overpriced - you have it as 41 quid but I got it for 26 pounds. Especially as you have to buy socks separately it brings it up to the same price as a full Nike kit on A and H.

Hi all - just letting you know that this seems like a con. All of the accessories, for example, are being sourced through ebay for a profit. Images have been nicked as well. Here is the original ebay listing for a wallet: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REFEREE-W...663?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item41801822cf but here is the increased price version of it on ref-store: http://www.ref-store.co.uk/product-p/027.htm. All of the watches etc are cheaper on ebay and it is probably the case that they are being bought through there using our addresses/bought from ebay and then a couple of quid added on at our expense.

Their advertised buzzer flags for something like 185 pounds are just 155 on Ebay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Refscall-...649?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item41812da9a1). Avoid this, it's a swindle.

incorrect Owen. I have official communication from our sourced suppliers including RefsCall via email and letter.

I will also be writing to RefsCall regarding this situation. It was unknown to me they were selling via Ebay when communication took place between us both.

@ref-store.co.uk i have to agree with Owen, most if not all of the pictures are from ebay or other websites, the prices are much higher than average and it just doesn't seem right. I don't know when you started talks with Refscall about the flags but they have been on ebay for the current price or less for at least two years.

It doesn't seem right at all and I for one certainly won't be shopping there and would advise others to think carefully before doing so as well.

Then why are you selling the same products as ebay sellers using exactly the same images at higher prices?
Ebay sellers often get dead stock from websites and the companies them selves when they have a clear-out of their stock and storage, even if the product is in perfect condition, it is worth more for the company to sell it on much cheaper than to throw it out.(e.g. airliners sell the last seat for a £5 as it is £5 more than what they would get otherwise). And ebay sellers have to sell under the opposition due to ebay being misconnected as dangerous for buyers as it could be in the ebay early days, so they sell cheaper to get customers to buy there, rather than at a shop/website.

It says on the description for the flags on eBay that they are the only UK approved distributor

Ebay sellers often get dead stock from websites and the companies them selves when they have a clear-out of their stock and storage, even if the product is in perfect condition, it is worth more for the company to sell it on much cheaper than to throw it out.(e.g. airliners sell the last seat for a £5 as it is £5 more than what they would get otherwise). And ebay sellers have to sell under the opposition due to ebay being misconnected as dangerous for buyers as it could be in the ebay early days, so they sell cheaper to get customers to buy there, rather than at a shop/website.

I understand what you're saying but I don't get the point you're making?? (I am blonde by the way ;);) h

It says on the description for the flags on eBay that they are the only UK approved distributor

Something I was wondering too, it all just seems a bit odd to me, I'll stick to the shops I know like the refchat shop ;)

Something I was wondering too, it all just seems a bit odd to me, I'll stick to the shops I know like the refchat shop ;)
I agree, this was my first thought when I visited the website.

As ref-store have probably sourced them properly from refs call, rather than the ebay option of getting the dead stock.
This doesn't matter to me as i am along the way of making my own buzzer flags, which i hope to be on the market in the next year. A case of buzzer flags made by refs for refs. without the faults!!

I plan for them to be cheap, but i don't want to scrimp on the quality- not the best from a business point of view!!!:rolleyes:

Incorrect again with your wild accusations. If you would like to contact customer services on this matter please do so sales@ref-store.co.uk.

Thanks.

Oh come off it they are hardly wild - I provided some pretty conclusive evidence in my post! You must know about these sellers on ebay because you nicked their images, and the only place you could have done that is on ebay! Lol

Yes, but this is more the case of a business, ref-store.co.uk, acting as a middle man and increasing prices unnecessarily. The only people losing out are ourselves, the referees.

As ref-store have probably sourced them properly from refs call, rather than the ebay option of getting the dead stock.
This doesn't matter to me as i am along the way of making my own buzzer flags, which i hope to be on the market in the next year. A case of buzzer flags made by refs for refs. without the faults!!

Sounds great - be sure to let us know when they're ready :)

I think that the ref-store is not a scam, but just a start up company that need to have time to improve to a reliable business.

Incorrect again with your wild accusations. If you would like to contact customer services on this matter please do so sales@ref-store.co.uk.

Thanks.

And no I'm not going to e-mail you privately - this is a matter that is important and I am only trying to help the other referees on this site and highlight the fact that ebay items are being sourced for higher prices. That is not something that anybody here should have to face, and although it doesn't look good for your business, it is rather deserving in my opinion.

I think that the ref-store is not a scam, but just a start up company that need to have time to improve

I have no doubt that I would receive the product, I just don't think that this business should should act as a middle man to squeeze more money out of us for products that are already on the internet, and it's a con in that sense. We might as well order straight from ebay, as that is what they are doing anyway.

Sorry ref-store, but these thoughts triggered when I saw your 50 match pads product - I remember looking at those on ebay before!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back