A&H

New shorts… when?

Wolf_Ref

RefChat Addict
Level 3W Referee
Hi all

So I am eagerly awaiting new Nike shirts to come out that actually match the colour of the shirts…

Hoping they will be a far better quality too.

Anyone have any insider knowledge of if/when it will be out?

Mainly because mine are starting to show signs of wear and tear and if new ones are coming out - I’d rather hold off and wait.

T

Last edited:
The Referee Store
I understand the luminous green is set to be entirely replaced at the end of the season. Not being mandated to wear it at Contrib Level, i've always avoided that hideous look. Allegedly, Howard Webb agrees with me and is sticking the green in the bin as of next season. He doesn't want his Refs looking like belisha beacons 🚦⛔

I understand the luminous green is set to be entirely replaced at the end of the season. Not being mandated to wear it at Contrib Level, i've always avoided that hideous look. Allegedly, Howard Webb agrees with me and is sticking the green in the bin as of next season. He doesn't want his Refs looking like belisha beacons 🚦⛔
Ref Stop posted yesterday about the Black/Volt tracksuits & training wear are being ditched by the PGMOL and the black/grey combination will take over from next season as the 'official' colourway

Ref Stop posted yesterday about the Black/Volt tracksuits & training wear are being ditched by the PGMOL and the black/grey combination will take over from next season as the 'official' colourway
They saw how great I looked in my black and anthracite and thought, yeh, we wanna be like that guy.
Just a trend setter, what can I say 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I can say I'm glad I didn't buy any of the green black kit, was waiting till end of the season if I got L4.

Best start looking at the anthracite stuff...

Gutted!! Accidentally had to order 2x spare shorts and a new set of tracksuits in the black and grey! And 2 pairs of socks!

Only meant to buy shorts!!

Thanks for the heads up @TheRefereeStore

They saw how great I looked in my black and anthracite and thought, yeh, we wanna be like that guy.
Just a trend setter, what can I say 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Rubbish.
It was the shapes they saw you cutting in your white trim RA "bundle" that forced their hand!
Go on, admit it ... ;) :D

I played golf in the summer and when having a drink after 4 PL refs were on the table behind me. They’d all just obviously been given the kit and they were all saying how much they hated it and how they looked like they were in hi-vis. Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the reason for change it all refs didn’t like it.

I've seen a few of the SG1 and SG2 referees around the Paddington area in West London and they are always in the black and volt tracksuit, which certainly makes them stand out. The new Premier League HQ is in Paddington so I'm guessing they have been there.

Back