A&H

New season, New assessments

CallumRushton13

Level 6 Referee
First assesment on Saturday... Div 1 game between 4th and 7th. Looking forward to it :D

Only think is that it says I'm going for promotion 6-4, however I haven't even put forward from promotion yet (emailing rdo later today to see when he wants to know by) and even if I had I certainly wouldn't do 6-4!! That's suicide imo...

Time for a call to the RDO

The Referee Store
I had my first 7-6 assessment on March 7 and knew nothing about it until the assessment form dropped through the letterbox last week. Would have liked a debrief for feedback but with my mark, I ain't complaining.

No debrief?? That's poor..
Agreed. Good mark, favourable comments overall but weaknesses were substitutions and positioning around goal areas. The first is easily fixed but I wanted some feedback on the latter.
At least I know my promotion season is underway.

David - the referee assessor should make contact with you several days before the game, directly before the game, and hold a post-match debrief.

Report to your RDO / RDM

Agreed. Good mark, favourable comments overall but weaknesses were substitutions and positioning around goal areas. The first is easily fixed but I wanted some feedback on the latter.
At least I know my promotion season is underway.

@David Sutton - a mark on the 7-6 assessment?

The new paperwork, introduced nationally for 2015-16 season, doesn't have a mark on it.
There should be grading in three areas: Application of Law, Match Control, Position & Movement.
The grading is
  • Well Below Standard
  • Below Standard
  • Standard Expected
  • Above Standard
  • Well Above Standard
If you have the old style 7 boxes assessment, then I think that it is incorrect and out of date.

David - the referee assessor should make contact with you several days before the game, directly before the game, and hold a post-match debrief.

Report to your RDO / RDM
Not the case. It isn't compulsory for assessors to inform of their attendance at 7-6/6-5/5-4. Technically, they're still allowed to 'hide behind a tree'

However, they are supposed to debrief post-match, yes!

Lost count of how many times i had the stealth assessors turn up. Always introduced myself before the game when ive been assessing though

Back