A&H

New Referee

The Referee Store
Went really well. 0-0 after Full Time. Went into Extra Time and just before half time a player from the away team jumped with his arms in the air and the ball hit it meaning Penalty. Not many complaints. Penalty Scored and the game finished 1 - 0 AET.

After the game had finished, I was confronted by one of the Away's team Parents telling me that it wasn't a penalty and he had the footage. I asked him to move away and he wouldn't so the Home Team manager came over to walk him off of the pitch.

Sad finish to the game which has slightly knocked my confidence but I dealt with it well for someone who is U18. What would be your way of dealing with this?

And finally, thanks for all of your advice which payed off with me having a really good game!! 👍
Well done mate you've got your first one out of the way! For me every consecutive game since has been much easier. I honestly can't believe at U11 a grown adult, a parent at that, actually tried confronting you claiming he had some sort of footage. Incredible lack of shame. I think you dealt with it really well, for me I would have walked off from that person and not wasted a second more on speaking to him but I can fully see how as a young new ref this situation could possibly be intimidating. Well done again and best of luck with your next game if you continue!

Thanks, I'll definitely be continuing enjoyed it so much and had some incredibly positive feedback from both sides at the end up until that point.

The Away Team didn't even know it was my first game which was better because they would have tried to take advantage of that!!

Back