A&H

New Referee Advice

The Referee Store
On the Dissent issue, I use the ATC method.
Ask
Tell
Card.
I find it dissent is dealt with early, it does not become an issue later in the game. Each new referee will develop his own methods for dealing with dissent
Been discussed before. If its dissent you have to card it, no ask, no tell. Just like if it's excessive force tackle you have to red card it, you can't warn or caution because you are dealing with it early in the game.

You ask and tell on the a whine and a moan. But if you consider it dissent, it has to be a yellow card. What you consider dissent is up to you though.

Been discussed before. If its dissent you have to card it, no ask, no tell. Just like if it's excessive force tackle you have to red card it, you can't warn or caution because you are dealing with it early in the game.

You ask and tell on the a whine and a moan. But if you consider it dissent, it has to be a yellow card. What you consider dissent is up to you though.

I concur with what you have said but I interpreted the ATC as:

Ask for the name
Tell them that they are being cautioned for dissent
Card the player

Personally, I do not like too many exchanges between referees and players unless necessary.

I concur with what you have said but I interpreted the ATC as:

Ask for the name
Tell them that they are being cautioned for dissent
Card the player

Personally, I do not like too many exchanges between referees and players unless necessary.
I referee at the juvenile age grades, And I find the approach I have developed works for me
I fully appreciate that my approach may not work for others and would encourage others to develop systems to deal with dissent that work for the individual

I referee at the juvenile age grades, And I find the approach I have developed works for me
I fully appreciate that my approach may not work for others and would encourage others to develop systems to deal with dissent that work for the individual

Ok, but you have not confirmed whether my interpretation of what you meant by ATC is correct?

Back