A&H

New Nike Kit

My new shirt, yellow training shirt and new midlayer arrived from A&H today, the county badge is an embroided badge which is stuck on (it was slightly coming off so went over it with an iron, seems to be stuck down). Love the yellow training shirt.

I'm not sure what I think of the new referee shirt, think I prefer the old shirt? It feels a tad bigger than the 2014 shirt and slightly longer in the sleeve? Is it the same for others?

The Referee Store
My new kit was waiting when I got back from holiday a few days ago, looks really nice but sizing is slightly different from the 2014 kit..
shirt is slightly bigger and the sleeves are almost an inch longer, the shorts are smaller in the waist.....

Size compared was XL shirt and shorts

I like it but just wish companies would stick to their sizing...the 2014 kit fits perfectly, the 2012 kit I needed XXL and it was still short in the body

My new kit was waiting when I got back from holiday a few days ago, looks really nice but sizing is slightly different from the 2014 kit..
shirt is slightly bigger and the sleeves are almost an inch longer, the shorts are smaller in the waist.....

I like it but just wish companies would stick to their sizing...the 2014 kit fits perfectly, the 2012 kit I needed XXL and it was still short in the body

I think I'm going to sell my badged shirt and get a medium

Would you suggest getting a size down from the 2014 kit then?

I used it at the weekend, I would order same size shirt as 2014....when I tried it I didn't do the top buttons up, when I wore it on Saturday I had it fastened as normal and would say size almost identical.
Shorts are still a bit smaller in the waist

Yea that's the difference between A&H and sporting touch the badge looks more crisper from sporting touch than from A&H

I think the iron on badge from A&Happy looks good, but they shouldn't advise it as embroidered if it isn't.

Especially as when you order they warn embroidered items could take up to 4 weeks to deliver.

Still, it doesn't matter now anyway, I don't forsee need to buy any more kit for a few years.

Although I did find the new kit a little tighter than the previous one, but I'm putting that down to the fact I've been hitting the gym a lot recently so have bulked up a bit, rather than the fact I've gotten fat over the summer...

I received my Nike kit but have the FA badge on the right breast rather than the left.. if I look at most others, they are on the left. Do I need to feel as self-conscious as I do that I've put it on the wrong side? Perhaps I should just get my county badge on the other side.... thoughts?

I received my Nike kit but have the FA badge on the right breast rather than the left.. if I look at most others, they are on the left. Do I need to feel as self-conscious as I do that I've put it on the wrong side? Perhaps I should just get my county badge on the other side.... thoughts?
David
Don't feel self conscious especially as your just starting out on your refereeing career and probably to cover it up just get your county badge on the left pocket for now and learn from this for the future.
Good luck
Steve

Here's a question for all, have you noticed that the Velcro fastening on the shirt pocket of the new kit is far smaller than the previous model! How is this going to last when using the pocket numerous times in the game to get match, yellow or red cards out, that's if you keep them in there.
Clearly Nike have only designed this for the occasional use I.e Prem or football league and not use mere mortals doing grass roots of the lower steps of the football system!

It's a case of this kit is only been made for 1 season so if it's still Nike next season they might have better Velcro tabs next kit

Back