A&H

New kit free... For L3 & L4 and above refs...

This is a bit confusing. I middle Step 6 matches, yet I am not an L4. Don't want to be in trouble, but also don't want to be at the mercy of the observers when it comes to their own interpretation of this rule...

Hope it will clear up before season starts...
It says level 4 to Step 2.

The Referee Store
Would be good to get clarity on that point, I would expect it to specifically say you can’t wear that badge during games. I’ve just ordered my new shirt and it says they won’t start shipping until end of July so they’d be pushing it fine if that is the case
Reply received today.

FAMOA badge no longer allowed for any referee in the middle on any game from step 6 upwards.

Last edited:
Reply received today.

FAMOA badge no longer allowed on any game from step 6 upwards.
Good luck on that up in Yorkshire, where the Step 6 assistants are L5 & L6's you are available. They may be appointed on a Thursday evening, as a replacement.

But we also have a step 7 league which has L4 referees on (as a Supply League), I bet nobody at the FA has thought about what badge they should wear!!!!

Good luck on that up in Yorkshire, where the Step 6 assistants are L5 & L6's you are available. They may be appointed on a Thursday evening, as a replacement.

But we also have a step 7 league which has L4 referees on (as a Supply League), I bet nobody at the FA has thought about what badge they should wear!!!!
Edited, no mention of AR's not wearing on step 5/6 games.

Edited, no mention of AR's not wearing on step 5/6 games.
So I am assuming we can buy a badge and put that over our FAMOA on our old kits?
(I won't but for those at step 5/6 where the ARs won't necessarily have the new kit)

So I am assuming we can buy a badge and put that over our FAMOA on our old kits?
(I won't but for those at step 5/6 where the ARs won't necessarily have the new kit)
You could, but why spend extra on an extra overpriced badge and overpriced P&P? 😂

You could, but why spend extra on an extra overpriced badge and overpriced P&P? 😂

Well, I don't really want to BUT I have the previous kit iteration with long sleeves that I (rarely) wear when it is colder, or switch to if my primary kit gets wet in the rain.

So if I go to a game with just 1 top I am stuck on that top for 90 minutes and I can't change at half time.

Buying the badge, would be considerably cheaper than buying another top with the badge, no?

Well, I don't really want to BUT I have the previous kit iteration with long sleeves that I (rarely) wear when it is colder, or switch to if my primary kit gets wet in the rain.

So if I go to a game with just 1 top I am stuck on that top for 90 minutes and I can't change at half time.

Buying the badge, would be considerably cheaper than buying another top with the badge, no?
I'd just put on my long sleeved undershirt, but if you haven't got one then yes, I agree that would be cheaper than buying a whole new shirt 😂

I'd just put on my long sleeved undershirt, but if you haven't got one then yes, I agree that would be cheaper than buying a whole new shirt 😂
I'm talking about the rare event when it buckets it down the shirt weighs about half a ton with all the rain...

Do you only carry one kit with you? I would always want a spare in the bag anyway just in case. It must have the new badge so my options are buy a badge or a whole new top with the badge.

Does anyone know if the kit offer is a one time only or will it be renewed each year or kit change?

I'm talking about the rare event when it buckets it down the shirt weighs about half a ton with all the rain...

Do you only carry one kit with you? I would always want a spare in the bag anyway just in case. It must have the new badge so my options are buy a badge or a whole new top with the badge.

Does anyone know if the kit offer is a one time only or will it be renewed each year or kit change?
Can't say I've ever noticed any relatively modern shirts feeling that much heavier from the rain to be honest!

I've had a backup shirt that has just my Step 5/6 league badge embroidered (one of the older Nike shirts), but won't be shelling out extra for an additional new badge at present.

I can only presume that they'll be providing a new shirt each season - given the poor quality of the material of the current shirts (only took a couple of months for my new one last season to start getting pulls and bobbles), they will be practically unwearable after a year. If we're not going to be allowed not to wear anything but the current shirt and new badge for all Step 3-6 matches, then I think The FA need to provide new shirts and badges regularly.

Can't say I've ever noticed any relatively modern shirts feeling that much heavier from the rain to be honest!

I've had a backup shirt that has just my Step 5/6 league badge embroidered (one of the older Nike shirts), but won't be shelling out extra for an additional new badge at present.

I can only presume that they'll be providing a new shirt each season - given the poor quality of the material of the current shirts (only took a couple of months for my new one last season to start getting pulls and bobbles), they will be practically unwearable after a year. If we're not going to be allowed not to wear anything but the current shirt and new badge for all Step 3-6 matches, then I think The FA need to provide new shirts and badges regularly.

You mustn't get the rain we get here on the south west peninsula then 🤣. I can recall a few games in the last couple of years where a half time change has been absolutely necessary due to the weather.

You have probably been around the FA to know they never guarantee anything more than 1 season ahead..... So, expecting them to keep supplying kits is dangerous. There more likely one route is one kit each year for a couple of years, then a new supplier will be engaged - so you will need to wear their kit and not be allow to wear the old ones.

My plan is to get a few of the new badges from Rob Lindsay (he reckons he'll have them ready if a week or so) and see how well it applies over the top of the FAMOA badge.

Anyone ever tried to apply a DIY badge over the top of another heat applied badge?

My plan is to get a few of the new badges from Rob Lindsay (he reckons he'll have them ready if a week or so) and see how well it applies over the top of the FAMOA badge.

Anyone ever tried to apply a DIY badge over the top of another heat applied badge?
Yes. I had FAMOA over Cheshire badge. Worked fine

The amount of debate this has created is quite incredible. Even more so considering the predominantly negative reaction towards the badge itself.
FAMOA should have been retained this season with a jersey issued to all officiating at Level 4 up to Step 2.

Back