The Ref Stop

New earrings at u12 girls

In the US, we are indemnified as officials assuming we've properly executed our duties. If we allow earrings and a kid has a similar thing happen, we're exposed to a liability lawsuit
I’d imagine it would be the same in the UK. For that reason, as well as carrying my duties properly, if anyone disagrees I make a point of it not being my responsibility (which is probably what most would do).

The Ref Stop
Having been witness to some horrid, horrid ring-based injuries* in another sport (as in the ones on your fingers), no excuses for jewellery at all. “In order to play, [thing] must be removed” to the relevant responsible adult.

Don’t become LWR.

*Do NOT search “degloving”

I see these young girls wanting to play while wearing earrings all the time. Most of the time they try covering them with Band-Aids...and I still don't let them play. But, one time, I didn't allow a girl to play and one of the referees that I was with told me a story that he didn't allow a girl to play once and I guess the coach and/or dad took the earrings out and put the stem of a leaf of something through the hole. Pretty clever.
Hmm. Sticking a dirty thing into a healing hole? Clever is not the word I would use.

Back