The Ref Stop

New 2026 Kit

I don't really care as refuse to spend lots of money trying to look like those on the telly when they change kits. I have Nike kit with the polo type collar, one of the new round collars and a black Adidas kit, all with County badges, As a L7, no ones cares in my neck of the woods. Just look smart.
If I go back down to 5, I'll be the same. Though I am mid 30s and don't have the pressure that the young uns tend to have.

The Ref Stop
Grabbed myself two of the new Joma full kits for the season, badged, for less than a complete Nike kit. Already have Nike shorts and socks so added a badged Nike trainkng top as an emergency shirt. No top pockets but I never use them anyway.

I don't really care as refuse to spend lots of money trying to look like those on the telly when they change kits. I have Nike kit with the polo type collar, one of the new round collars and a black Adidas kit, all with County badges, As a L7, no ones cares in my neck of the woods. Just look smart.
Absolutely correct, at lower levels no one really cares what the referee is wearing as long as he looks smart. Problematic at higher levels with teams of 3 or 4 though, doesn't look great if they are all in different kits, especially if they are noticeably different. Was very noticeable at the time of transitioning between white trim on kits and all black, there were lots of comments about how unprofessional it looked.

As I'm reading this, it appears that only the PGMOL kits will require to change. But I have a couple of questions.

1. Is it confirmed that Nike will no longer supply PGMOL referee kits, or is it just that the current Nike contract expires and Nike could sign a new contract?

2. If Nike is not going to be the kit provider, who are the favorites? Except for a friendly at the Emirates many years ago, I've never seen a Puma referee kit. Adidas and Macron are really the only two other providers that have a presence in more than a country or two. Example - Legea is the kit supplier for Australia and Italy, but I've never seen Legea anywhere else.
We used to use Legea in Wales in the Welsh Premier League - did so for about 10 years. It was shocking from start to finish. Awful kit. Then we moved to Adidas in 2016 until 2023 but there were supply issues as a hangover from the pandemic. Now with Macron and its almost as shocking at Legea in some aspects.

Back