A&H

Neil Warnock

The Referee Store
The correct reply from the FA should be "when you play Champ league, you will get Champ league referees, until then, seeing as you are doomed to the Championship, thats the standard of referee you will get"

Am sure Warnock would be perfectly fine to hear that......

Geez, he's said much worse than that, I doubt he'll be charged for that!!!

To an extent I can understand Warnock's comments - why should Cardiff/Watford get the 'rookie' referees? However, we all have to start somewhere and an inexperienced referee was never going to get Liverpool/Man Utd this weekend.

To an extent I can understand Warnock's comments - why should Cardiff/Watford get the 'rookie' referees? However, we all have to start somewhere and an inexperienced referee was never going to get Liverpool/Man Utd this weekend.

Because the latter match is much more high profile, will have way more viewers and is more likely to be more contentious than the former. Everyone has to start somewhere, you don't do it by throwing people in the deep end.

We all start somewhere and no matter how good we are or think we are you have to climb the ladder in stages... Even when we get to the SG, certain refs are needed for the Bigger games!!

Because the latter match is much more high profile, will have way more viewers and is more likely to be more contentious than the former. Everyone has to start somewhere, you don't do it by throwing people in the deep end.

I dunno, could be the best way for some referees to learn! :D

To describe him as a Sunday League Trainee though?

It's not like they picked a newly qualified referee to do the game....

That's basically the point I was making - it's reality if the situation. I have a modicum of understanding for Cardiff/Watford but any other approach would be illogical. As a contrast, no manager is going to field a 17 year old debutant in a league decided or relegation 6 pointer (injuries excepting).

Not understandable at all. The refs are all deemed as elite and its possible he has done bigger games in the epl than Cardiff v Watford.
Warnock, like any manager has a squad of first team players he can call on for any game, if he wanted to give a debut to the 18 yo striker v Chelsea, then its because he deems the player capable, same as the ref apt guy has deemed this referee capable.

That's basically the point I was making - it's reality if the situation. I have a modicum of understanding for Cardiff/Watford but any other approach would be illogical. As a contrast, no manager is going to field a 17 year old debutant in a league decided or relegation 6 pointer (injuries excepting).

And this game is pre Xmas, nowhere near a decider, two lower profile teams, lower crowd, not live on tv, ideal to give a lesser sg1 ref a game
By your logic Ryan Giggs is still waiting to make his debut.

And this game is pre Xmas, nowhere near a decider, two lower profile teams, lower crowd, not live on tv, ideal to give a lesser sg1 ref a game
By your logic Ryan Giggs is still waiting to make his debut.

Would any team in the 70's allow a clubber like Neil Warnock play at the top table!!

This is the same Warnock who complained that Clive Oliver was too old to referee his Crystal Palace, then a few weeks later when they had Michael Oliver he complained he was too young and inexperienced. Yes, Madley had a missed caution but it didn't affect the game, certainly not as much as Cardiff's defending did.

He does it deliberately to take the attention away from his players, but it should be stopped as the referees can't defend themselves.

With the departure of Mark Hughes from the landscape, Neil Warnock has moved up to number 2 on my detestable scale, behind Mourinho (who has topped the charts for the last ten Christmases)

This is the same Warnock who complained that Clive Oliver was too old to referee his Crystal Palace, then a few weeks later when they had Michael Oliver he complained he was too young and inexperienced. Yes, Madley had a missed caution but it didn't affect the game, certainly not as much as Cardiff's defending did.

He does it deliberately to take the attention away from his players, but it should be stopped as the referees can't defend themselves.

Frm a football fan point of view its good managment. Blame deflection
Its good theatre

Even if he is bang out of order

Dont know, am not that old
I do know when he was linked with the St Mirren job i was wanting it to happen

The inevitable ranting to follow would have been comedy gold
Is that the same St Mirren who are the only club ever to sack Sir Alex Ferguson??

(I’ve stopped aside the ground)

Is that the same St Mirren who are the only club ever to sack Sir Alex Ferguson??

(I’ve stopped aside the ground)

As ever its not what it seems. SAF was indeed sacked, but only cos he was going to Aberdeen anyway and ST M, realising they would get nothing out of the deal, thought by sacking him, SAF would fail to get his move. Something to do with tax free payments to St M players at the time and St M directors realised they were punching above their weight.
It was all about Aberdeen not approaching St M to discuss compensation, so they fired him instead.
Am sure to this day he is gutted..ll

Back