A&H

NCEL postpone restart until Jan

lincs22

Supply League Observer
Staff member
Observer/Tutor
For those members who referee in the Yorkshire Pool on NCEL, you have December off.

The NCEL have postponed all their matches in December, as the clubs didn't want to have to play behind closed doors. There is going to be a rush to get the fixtures in, both for the league and the referees, given the promotion cut-off date of end of April.

There may be more Step5/6 leagues which decide to this.

http://www.ncefl.org.uk/news/league/2020/5312-leaguesuspensionuntiljanuary/

@es1

The Referee Store
There is going to be a rush to get the fixtures in, both for the league and the referees, given the promotion cut-off date of end of April.

@es1
This is more liek the nail in the coffin to. Complete the season. That said, we've had Nov, Dec, Jan and Feb off before due to weather and we made it so we will see.
However, any tightening of restrictions after that then we have trouble.
With pitches not being played on I think we should see more games played in Jan/Feb than ever before as they ought to be in reasonable condition and better able to cope with the poor weather.
It's in the balance, that's for sure.

Good job I had no counties games anyway! Only one West yorks game and that's still on as far as I'm aware...

I think they are taking a massive risk delaying restarting until January. There's no evidence that restrictions will be any looser then, and most experts seem to think there will be a serious spike in mid-January due to the loosening of restrictions over Christmas. Realistically I think this will leave them in a position where restarting is impossible as it will just be too late to even come close to finishing.

I think they are taking a massive risk delaying restarting until January. There's no evidence that restrictions will be any looser then, and most experts seem to think there will be a serious spike in mid-January due to the loosening of restrictions over Christmas. Realistically I think this will leave them in a position where restarting is impossible as it will just be too late to even come close to finishing.
Some teams have only played 6 matches, leaving 32 matches in 4 and a bit months.

Some teams have only played 6 matches, leaving 32 matches in 4 and a bit months.

Yes, that really isn't doable. Especially as some of that remaining time will inevitably be lost to the weather, or more likely further Covid restrictions.

Doable if you skip the cups. 8 games per month, with a favourable wind, as Boris would say!
Looks like the standard end of season fixture schedule for a few teams in said league.
Interestingly, the two teams that have played the least games will have brand new 4G pitches to play on.
But then there’s the ground sharing teams and those with notorious sloping pitches who have to give way to cricket in May.
They’ll try to play what they can and let PPG determine the standings, maybe with a 30 game minimum qualification. Hey, what do I know.

Back