A&H

naughty celebration

Good point. I can't remember a player ever taking his shirt off to celebrate in uk at the level I ref at... Then again it is the uk, winter and mostly bloody freezing!!

The Referee Store
I cant think of one either but I am more incline to think its cause they know its a waste of £10 when the get a caution for taking the shirt off.

I have !!

Several years ago I cautioned a player for removing his shirt in an FA Sunday cup match.
He scored a great goal to move his team into the lead, then took his shirt off doing the twirl around the head action.
Before the restart infront of both assessor and FA match observer (not that them being there changed my actions) I had no option but to caution the player.
Unfortunatly for thisplayer I had previously cautioned him for a reckless challenge and had no option but to dismiss him from the field of plan.

Apparently It took the FA observer a few minutes to make him understand why I had to take action.

Following the end of the match (following extra time and penalties) the player approached me and we chatted about it, he was fine but didnt think I would send him off!

Ublades

I used to help run an Under 16's side back in 1994-1997 as well as referee.
As the in house referee I used to always tell the players if your going to get a booking make it worth while. Make sure its a foul that helps the team out, not a silly one for kicking the ball away, taking your shirt off or showing dissent to the referee.

In the 3 years I was there we only had 5 yellow cards and 1 red card in the team.

Its a shame most teams aren't like that now.

I had a game in Coventry where a player removed his shorts, he removed his under crackers too. He then tried to set them on fire with a lighter given to him by a spectator. Needless to say he took no further part in the game. Course there were disputes about why I sent him off, but I'm not having that.

Reactions: SM
A little Hendrix inspired madness! Now this man is a legendary nutter genius!

why set fire to your pants and shorts? Genius!

Its just strange what some players will do, and then still disagree with the outcome of a yellow or red card.

Last season I had an email from county FA reminding all referees not to go to the toilet in public view and to always use the changing room toilets, as its un-professional and a breach of the laws of the game to take a leak behind a tree, (not sure which law mind) however we were also told to take action against any player that went to the toilet behind a tree.

The very same week I had a player take a leak behind a tree so I sent him off and reported to the county FA he got a 10 match ban, now if I hadn't of had the email I wouldn't even of bothered sending him off.

Its just strange what some players will do, and then still disagree with the outcome of a yellow or red card.

Last season I had an email from county FA reminding all referees not to go to the toilet in public view and to always use the changing room toilets, as its un-professional and a breach of the laws of the game to take a leak behind a tree, (not sure which law mind) however we were also told to take action against any player that went to the toilet behind a tree.

The very same week I had a player take a leak behind a tree so I sent him off and reported to the county FA he got a 10 match ban, now if I hadn't of had the email I wouldn't even of bothered sending him off.

Problem is the lack of facilities at parks pitches, Ive no problem with the red card where facilities are available but if a player (or referee) is discrete when there is no changing room?

All our senior leagues have to provide:

Changing Facilities for both teams
Hot showers for both teams
Toilet facilities for both teams

Room for referee's which includes a hot shower.
Toilet facilities

Trouble is, many of the 'facilities' are so far away from the pitch by the time you've walked there and back, there's no time for a pee at halftime.

All teams need changing rooms and a separate ref room with showers etc. (in the
League i officiate in). there is, however, one team with a pitch a good 10 minute walk (up hill to the pitch) and when you get there it is public land which horses and dogs use as a toilet. Dog sh*t is one thing, horse sh*t on the pitch is something entirely different!

and no chance of nipping back for a pee at half time!!! As it is very windy up there also, half time seems to last 3 minutes unusually!

off topic? Okay, fair cop!

Back