A&H

N Ireland v Clockmakers

2 critical errors

In the game first the red card and then the hand ball he's been marked down for,

there is more chance of a few referees on here making the world cup than him after that game

The Referee Store
He will be no where near the world cup with the score he got on Thursday night

His international career is over

2 critical errors

In the game first the red card and then the hand ball he's been marked down for,

there is more chance of a few referees on here making the world cup than him after that game
I'll get my whistle back out if that's a promise?

The defender turns side on, leading with his arm, and it looks like he blocks the ball with his arm. This looks like a penalty to me. And it looks more like a penalty the more I watch the replays. I am an Ireland fan and would love to see them at the WC.

My other thought on this is: if you are an international defender and want to play in the world cup, don't jump in the air, leading with your arm to block a shot in the box, because, if it looks like handball, you might give away a penalty, and not go to the world cup.

For me, it seems like the defender is at fault here.

The defender turns side on, leading with his arm, and it looks like he blocks the ball with his arm. This looks like a penalty to me. And it looks more like a penalty the more I watch the replays. I am an Ireland fan and would love to see them at the WC.

My other thought on this is: if you are an international defender and want to play in the world cup, don't jump in the air, leading with your arm to block a shot in the box, because, if it looks like handball, you might give away a penalty, and not go to the world cup.

For me, it seems like the defender is at fault here.

I think you are going to be pretty much alone on that. How can you possibly justify that he has intentionally handled the ball there?

I think you are going to be pretty much alone on that. How can you possibly justify that he has intentionally handled the ball there?
This is the age old "making yourself big" debate in a way... The player is not looking granted... But leads with the arm to block the ball... That looks deliberate...

This is the age old "making yourself big" debate in a way... The player is not looking granted... But leads with the arm to block the ball... That looks deliberate...

Not for me, his arm is pinned by his body, and I don't think he was making himself look bigger, intentionally or otherwise. Even the match referee has seemingly admitted, having seen the replay, that he got it badly wrong.

Back