A&H

Open Age My first West Midlands Regional League Match

Ok mate enjoy uni and hopefully if you move Back here he will then give you a chance to shine

The Referee Store
I actually haven't upset anyone, my self and a few refs I've spoken too have a theory that; they want to keep me in the county as I seem to be doing quite a lot for them.
That's all I think I should say.

I actually haven't upset anyone, my self and a few refs I've spoken too have a theory that; they want to keep me in the county as I seem to be doing quite a lot for them.
That's all I think I should say.
So you've helped them out, and in return they have not let you join a supply league as an assistant?

Can't imagine why your CFA would prevent you from officiating on the WMRL unless you are doing youth games currently and they are short of cover.

They may be so short of officials on their leagues they don't want to lose any to the WMRL. Locally we are encouraging our younger guys to try a line or two a month to get a feel for open age without having to jump in single handed. The added benefit is the networking that's going on with the more experienced guys keeping an eye on those who have lined for them. Almost mentoring but without the formality.

And I'm 24 and not willing to go in middle just yet because of confidence skills and that I might get murdered so I'm waiting for that right moment before I make the move

Honesty.
I've seen so many young refs come onto open age that obviously aren't ready but their mates have done it so they have to. Far better to serve an apprenticeship on youth games and on lines to more experienced guys and work with your appointments secretary and make the step when and only when you are ready.

You don't referee in Brazil by any chance? ;)

While I appreciate what you are saying, There comes a point where you have to take the plunge and just do it (OA football that is). The best way to get confidence is to just dive right in.

Otherwise you risk reinforcing the belief that you are not good enough/confident enough to be able to take the whistle for OA games. First games might be tough, everybody has a learning curve first few OA games, but then you will come on in leaps and bounds.

You cannot really stretch your referee skills and fitness levels in junior football. And that is key to how you develop your skills.

Just my two pennies worth.

Great game today no problems hopefully because FA cup on west mids I might be on line next week so bring on next week

Glad you got through OK. Did you have time to enjoy it or did it all rush by a bit quick?

The best way to get confidence is to just dive right in.
Otherwise you risk reinforcing the belief that you are not good enough/confident enough to be able to take the whistle for OA games. First games might be tough, everybody has a learning curve first few OA games, but then you will come on in leaps and bounds.
You cannot really stretch your referee skills and fitness levels in junior football. And that is key to how you develop your skills.

This is excatly what I did, passed the course then jumped straight into adult football as I wanted a challenge.

Back