A&H

Open Age My first West Midlands Regional League Match

ref craig

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
I have my first assistant referee appointment division 2 as I'm only level 7 from experience can people tell me what it like for your local areas I've been to premier division to watch games and a division 1 game and enjoyed watching them but as it division 2 are there any difference In standard of football

The Referee Store
Will be a lesser standard on the whole, but dont be suprised if there are good players who are making their way back in post injury etc - ie getting back into the swing of it, and those that have been left out of the first's for whatever reason.

just remember to up your game to their level, but dont let yours drop below their level if you know what I mean (If not I'll explain in a PM - only so much room on a page!).

Your level in a "number" is not important- it's your ability to do your job and support the ref as needed - some are excellent refs from the start but the "8 / 7 / 6" puts a preconception in peoples minds. You might have 7 next to your name bit if you show a 5 on the pitch ya de ya.

Enjoy either way and let us know how it goes.

I've got my first West Mids game this weekend too. I went through the Midland Combination route but at L4 we get to do what is now the Midland Football League Prem and 1, formerly MFA and Mid comb prem, and the West Mids prem.
I've been led to believe that the West Mids is more physical than most leagues so you may need to adjust your sights a bit with regard to fair contact. Main thing to do early on is to get a feel for what your ref is giving. If he's giving every contact that's the level. If he's allowing a massacre that's where you pitch yourself. Hopefully it'll be somewhere in the middle.
If you are unsure about anything get it cleared up during the pre match ramble.
Enjoy!

Kam as I don't really know the teams I'm not going to name them for my own safety if you know what I mean

It in case I have any problems when going into this and wmrl league is a level 6 league so naming the teams can be deemed as breach of leagues rules

@hattersfan you shouldn't name teams on these sort of forums, its best just to describe teams as colours e.g. yellow v green

Saves any trouble and future repercussions if a team was to read the post.

Just wish I was allowed to officiate on the league, been told NO for 2 consecutive seasons :( Cant really go into detail why.

Do you have any leagues in that area that connect to say the big wmrl because if you do and you do a few seasons on that league like I did then maybe they will let you officiate on wmrl

Yeah we have a local league (Mercian) that feeds into WMRL that I've been on since late 2011. I asked both in 2013/14 season and for this season 2014/15 but County wouldn't allow it even though I've had plenty of line experience and that's why I wanted to go on the league, tbf I'm off to uni up in Lancashire so I can go on the 2 Supply Leagues up there.

Back