A&H

Junior/Youth My biggest game yet

jack.prescott

Work hard, stay humble
Level 6 Referee
Might not sound like much but I've been given the opportunity to ref my schools year 8 county cup semi final... Really looking forward to it as it definitely gives me the chance to be involved in a game at the business end of a cup competition and shows that the teacher running the team clearly has some faith in my ability

Buzzing!!!!

The Referee Store
Have fun, don't let your school team affect your decisions though. I had some year 7s think they could affect my decisions, it didn't work and they still ended up loosing

Cheers guys, done quite a few school games this year but only in early rounds because they've been drawn away so nice for them to get a home game

Have fun, don't let your school team affect your decisions though. I had some year 7s think they could affect my decisions, it didn't work and they still ended up loosing

I did have a coach from a different school accusing me of cheating before but I've spoke about that on a different thread so won't bore you with the tale again

I've refereed loads of school cup games, should be easy but as I found out some players think they're gods gift in school games and play like bafoons! If cards are needed make sure you use them. 1 major tip, don't use players names if you know them - use numbers, saves trouble with opposition players accusing you of bias.

Cheers aled, always found the players names a difficult one because they're always calling me jack instead of ref

I ignore them when they call me "Aled", they soon get the message that my name is "Ref"

I SINCERELY hope this is a sarcastic message Haywain!

well it certainly wasn't sarcasm, Dan, just good old fashioned humour

the clue was in the smiley but if you'd like a bigger cl.....oops, heading towards sarcasm this time :(

Haywain, if you'd like to try and get into a sarcasm challenge with me, I wish you the best of luck! I'm sure @Ross would back me up on that!

i never argue with moderators, it's harder than trying to get a parking ticket rescinded

i never argue with moderators, it's harder than trying to get a parking ticket rescinded
Remember as well! Moderators can ABUSE moderator powers or their finger can accidentally press the ban button... ;) I'm sure Dan isn't like that though.

Back