A&H

MUN vs FUL

Didn't watch the game as F1 took priority, but seen some clips on YouTube and social media. Mitrovic has always had something about him and seems like he could cause an argument in an empty room. Absolutely crazy reaction, hopefully will be getting a lengthy spell on the sidelines, but as we all know the powers that be in this country are weak...

The Referee Store
Hopefully thats mirrovic done for the season
Di Canio got 11 match ban for pushing over a referee in 1998. Mitrovic in a Silver Jubilee celebration...

Mr Kavanagh not so quick to take action here: "The players and team officials must not surround the referee or attempt to influence if a decision is reviewed, the review process or the final decision."

But (it wasn't obvious from TV) I presume the Silva red card was because he entered the Review Area.

Wouldn't mind seeing the penalty shout for Fulham. All the highlights conveniently left that out
I think Willian was trying not to handle the ball. Why would he with VAR looking on? But the game expected a dogso dismissal so 'I can handle that' ;)
Mitro's always on fire... 6 game cooling off period would be my guess. Doubt he'll get 10
In a sense, it could have been much worse.... Keep allowing the Pros to behave as they like and the upshot could've been worse than Mitro's antics

Wouldn't mind seeing the penalty shout for Fulham. All the highlights conveniently left that out
I think Willian was trying not to handle the ball. Why would he with VAR looking on? But the game expected a dogso dismissal so 'I can handle that' ;)
Mitro's always on fire... 6 game cooling off period would be my guess. Doubt he'll get 10
In a sense, it could have been much worse.... Keep allowing the Pros to behave as they like and the upshot could've been worse than Mitro's antics
I think the opposite, he realised he couldn't block it with his body so moved his arm out. The giveaway was him pointing to his chest after when it clearly was nowhere near his chest. Not easy to tell real time though, and only the angle from behind the goal really calls out just how deliberate the handling was.

The "penalty shout" for Fulham is an absolute nonsense. Complete flip by Mitrovic and rightly dismissed by VAR

I think the opposite, he realised he couldn't block it with his body so moved his arm out. The giveaway was him pointing to his chest after when it clearly was nowhere near his chest. Not easy to tell real time though, and only the angle from behind the goal really calls out just how deliberate the handling was.
It's somewhere in the middle - he's trying to get his leg/body in the way, but when he can't, resorts to the hand and then tried to get away with it. Nothing particularly unusual or controversial about it, which makes the manager and another player flipping out over it even weirder!

A lot will depend on whether the FA charges Mitrovic is charged with "an assault against a match official". He will start with 3 matches for OFFINBUS, but the extras (which there should be some) will be dealt with as a second charge.

A player in the West Riding has just got 112 days for insulting and aggressive language / behaviour to a match official. The tariff for this at grassroots is 56 to 180 days, depending n circumstances.

So, a 10 (3 + 7) match ban would be sensible given the offence. That means he would be back for the last match.

A lot will depend on whether the FA charges Mitrovic is charged with "an assault against a match official". He will start with 3 matches for OFFINBUS, but the extras (which there should be some) will be dealt with as a second charge.

A player in the West Riding has just got 112 days for insulting and aggressive language / behaviour to a match official. The tariff for this at grassroots is 56 to 180 days, depending n circumstances.

So, a 10 (3 + 7) match ban would be sensible given the offence. That means he would be back for the last match.
He won't get 10 games...
I think he'll get a longer ban than the standard but if he gets more than 6 I will be surprised.

oh i might have been that match official! sent 2 off for that the other month...both appealed, both got laughed out

I have to say I do understand the comparisons between Fernandes and Mitrovic touching the official comparisons, I actually think Fernandes contact was harder but Mitrovic's unsportsmanlike behaviour lasted much longer with the verbals and moving towards the ref, will be interesting how long his ban will be.

Also well done Chris Kavanagh for stepping back also because if he didn't I think we would of seen still shots of heads clashing which Fulham fans especially would of made an issue of. It would of bought back memories of the Phil Dowd and Lee Cattermole incident where Dowd did not step back and you had the still images of him and Cattermole going head to head and according to Dowd, Riley showed him the newspaper images and that if he leant forward it could of ended his referee career.

The inevitable comparison to rugby, sorry….

You can expect a ban of up to 12 months for verbal abuse or physical contact.

In terms of Mitrovic, I don’t want an example set of just him, I want clear minimum sanctions and for it to be applied consistently.

I have to say I do understand the comparisons between Fernandes and Mitrovic touching the official comparisons, I actually think Fernandes contact was harder but Mitrovic's unsportsmanlike behaviour lasted much longer with the verbals and moving towards the ref, will be interesting how long his ban will be.

Also well done Chris Kavanagh for stepping back also because if he didn't I think we would of seen still shots of heads clashing which Fulham fans especially would of made an issue of. It would of bought back memories of the Phil Dowd and Lee Cattermole incident where Dowd did not step back and you had the still images of him and Cattermole going head to head and according to Dowd, Riley showed him the newspaper images and that if he leant forward it could of ended his referee career.
Can't remember the player, but wasn't there a similar incident involving Darren Drysdale (where he actually appeared to headbutt a player) reasonably recently? I don't recall him getting a particularly long ban.

Those comparing this to Fernandez really are stretching.
If you can't tell the difference between the two no explanation of mine is likely to help.

Also, I'm happy for the BF to get a 3 game ban if the AR that grabs his arm gets the same.

Back