A&H

MUN vs ATM

Joshref

We giving a pen to Bruno for that?

Social media seems a bit divided on it, but probably not a pen for me. At the very least, not clear and obvious enough for VAR to overturn

The Referee Store
Potential foul in the build up there. Foul? No foul? If it is a foul, is it too early for VAR to go back and check?

(two fouls potentially, one on Elanga and Fred)

Thoughts on the reffing style for anyone watching the game. Very few yellow cards in a game which could have seen many (as the commentators are constantly reminding us of)

Thoughts on the reffing style for anyone watching the game. Very few yellow cards in a game which could have seen many (as the commentators are constantly reminding us of)

You will not see a worse referee performance this season so wouldn't try and replicate

You will not see a worse referee performance this season so wouldn't try and replicate
Was wanting to say that but worried it would come across as being bias in favour of United 😂. Tried to word it more neutral

Has to be the worst refereeing performance I’ve seen all season, and in a long long time

Savage is incapable of being factual or impartial. Without a doubt one of the very worst pundit/co-commentators. Not watched the game in great detail, more background noise, but Darren Fletcher just described it as one of the strangest refereeing performances.Was it really that bad?

I suspect a UEFA charge will be coming for the objects thrown at Simeone as he approached the tunnel at full time.

I've not seen a ref either in the way of jumping out the way as often as he did tonight. If I do that Saturday I'll get crucified

A very, very strange refereeing performance. I've always thought his style looked a bit odd, but even more so tonight. Constantly getting in the way of play, very obvious SPA cautions not being given, he just seems like a rabbit in headlights when things aren't going well.

Was it really that bad?
It was as bad as you can be without having any big decisions to make.
He simply lacked any consistency in fouls and cautions in even a 5 min period.
It was also like he'd never watched Atletico play before and was a dream ref for them.
The awarding of only 4 mins of injury time was borderline ACN timekeeping

Yep very strange refereeing performance indeed, running at 100mph at times after blowing the whistle despite no real flare up occurring. Good call on the non foul on Elanga though, went down far too easily imo.

Experienced referee but he had an element of being the star of the show sadly to say.

I thought the low card count and not whistling e.g. Elanga and others going down easy was all quite consistent with the better refereed UEFA and EPL matches this season.

Yep very strange refereeing performance indeed, running at 100mph at times after blowing the whistle despite no real flare up occurring. Good call on the non foul on Elanga though, went down far too easily imo.

Experienced referee but he had an element of being the star of the show sadly to say.

Sounds like a CONCACAF match.

I thought the low card count and not whistling e.g. Elanga and others going down easy was all quite consistent with the better refereed UEFA and EPL matches this season.

Not issuing nail on cautions so the player gets another chance to break up an attack isn't good refereeing.
After the Elanga no-foul he then spent 50 mins awarding every free kick Atletico wanted with the exception of one.
If you've ever watched Atletico you know that is not a good thing.

Not issuing nail on cautions so the player gets another chance to break up an attack isn't good refereeing.
After the Elanga no-foul he then spent 50 mins awarding every free kick Atletico wanted with the exception of one.
If you've ever watched Atletico you know that is not a good thing.
No he didn't, and I can say that as a neutral. The Elanga challenge in the build up to the goal wasn't a foul, and was actually one of the best decisions the referee made all night. He missed fouls for both teams, he missed cautions for both teams, he got in the way of both teams, he was equally poor for both teams.

I think he had a dodgy 5 minute spell and did what no referee should ever do, he worked too hard to try and correct it. And all that did was make it worse, and one mistake just morphed into the next. I've been there in a big local derby with a big crowd, I just couldn't get a decision right and the harder I tried the worse it got, took one of my ARs effectively b0llocking me at half time to make me snap out of it.

Added to the mistakes, he has a very odd style and when things aren't going well this makes it look worse. The way he sprints over to players makes him look like a school teacher who has seen smoke rising from behind the bike sheds 😂

Not a good day at the office, but there was no agenda and both teams were on the wrong end of poor decisions.

Back