A&H

Mpaima Israel

Joshref

I like sorting through threads on the forums by most replied if I’m bored in a lecture sometimes. In the thread I read today, a guy called Mpaima Israel kept arguing his case.

He presents an interesting figure. He claimed to be a FIFA referee from Kenya, yet gave terrible advice, repeatedly bought up his status and used out of date laws of the game.

Incredibly, a Google search reveals he does exist and is a FIFA referee. Realising this guy was a goldmine for fun content, I went to search his accounts posting history. I then discovered his account had been deleted.

Are they any guys from “back int day of these forums” (this was 2015) who can remember much about this? Idk why I find it so interesting, I just find the whole thing so bizarre. Was it actually the FIFA ref? Why did his account get deleted. How long did he last? Cheers for any help with this random request like

The Referee Store
I can't give you answers but can add another question. Is he back under a different name?

Well, you could do what someone does on a basketball ref forum I go to sometimes. He creates a thread. Asks a question. Answers himself three times. And then if anyone else posts, he multi-posts responses and goes off in multiple marginally related tangents. :mad::wall: Alas, that board doesn't have an ignore feature . . .

I remember this guy. I was never convinced he was who or what he claimed to be.

However, I suspect there's a current poster who used to be on here under a different name causing some controversy again. Just sayin'.

I think he is no longer with us in every way. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

He had some controversial and some pedantic views mostly aligned to old school refereeing. But he was experience and had very good advice and good points to make from time to time.

Every now and again we get people who, whilst they might be qualified referees, turn every single topic into an argument, and / or just continually post spam messages. They disrupt things, and we even have other members tell us they are leaving or stopping visiting because of them, but the forum and it's sensible members always win in the end.

Sometimes they try and come back under a different username, but that is always spotted as the hosting platform has tools to detect it. Plus as part of my day job I am trained to do forensic digital analysis, so when it comes to IT there isn't much that I can't get to the bottom of. They sometimes think they have got away with it as they haven't been banned, but that doesn't mean we don't know who they are 👀

I'm not going to name any names though :)

Every now and again we get people who, whilst they might be qualified referees, turn every single topic into an argument, and / or just continually post spam messages. They disrupt things, and we even have other members tell us they are leaving or stopping visiting because of them, but the forum and it's sensible members always win in the end.

Sometimes they try and come back under a different username, but that is always spotted as the hosting platform has tools to detect it. Plus as part of my day job I am trained to do forensic digital analysis, so when it comes to IT there isn't much that I can't get to the bottom of. They sometimes think they have got away with it as they haven't been banned, but that doesn't mean we don't know who they are 👀

Ha! That’s also what I tell my kids a about their phones!

Reactions: one
Searching New Referees by most replied brings up “Deleted Member 3014” as one user who posts a lot of these controversial posts. I didn’t really read through the first one, he was just upset about being given AR for a cup semi final because he thought that was beneath him (despite it being his first season) and he followed up with this amazing post after being sworn at in the second thread.

“Anyway what happened next will possibly surprise some of you & I fully expect many of you on here to say I was wrong etc, I won’t respond to your opinions as I’m not on here to argue with fellow referee’s I’m on here for advice if anything. What happened next is I lost my sh*t and nearly took his head off his shoulders”

Part of me wonders if it’s a troll and if it’s not, what happened to him, why is his account deleted and who was he originally? This thread has just turned into a “Who is this” thread lol

Uh oh 👀

Searching New Referees by most replied brings up “Deleted Member 3014” as one user who posts a lot of these controversial posts. I didn’t really read through the first one, he was just upset about being given AR for a cup semi final because he thought that was beneath him (despite it being his first season) and he followed up with this amazing post after being sworn at in the second thread.

“Anyway what happened next will possibly surprise some of you & I fully expect many of you on here to say I was wrong etc, I won’t respond to your opinions as I’m not on here to argue with fellow referee’s I’m on here for advice if anything. What happened next is I lost my sh*t and nearly took his head off his shoulders”

Part of me wonders if it’s a troll and if it’s not, what happened to him, why is his account deleted and who was he originally? This thread has just turned into a “Who is this” thread lol

Uh oh 👀
That was men in black would you believe...

Back