A&H

Most costly dismissal.

Declan

Level 5 Referee
What dismissal have you seen or issued? Correct or not?

Last week's game got me thinking about this sort of scenario. Last 16 of the local area senior cup. Home mainly older first team against away young full of running reserves. Approaching half time home side 3-1 up and have a corner. Home attacker goes to make a run but whilst doing so decides to elbow his tracking man TWICE right in front of me! Cue a late goal before half time and 3 more in the second half for reserves who were very rarely in it! Needless to say player in question wasn't happy with his team mates!

The Referee Store
Declan ......the "or not" should never be considered because when you start questioning your calls during a game you will start to make mistakes !!

Hope that's the point your making ? apologies if I have misread it

The reason I say or not is that I wasn't restricting it to 'just your own calls'. I.e. as an assistant or spectator also

Still flabbergasted at the guy's moment of stupidity a whole week later!

got you !!!

I shall think on that one , wont be my mistake though !! 100 % will be someone else:D

About this time last year, weather awful and playing on a field (ie. could barely be called a pitch) in deepest Herefordshire. Game was scrappy and bad-tempered - 2-0 to Orange with about 25 to go. Things went up a notch after I gave a penalty that put Greens up and the CAR/Asst Manager insisted the foul was outside the box. I didn't handle it brilliantly and was accused, with some justification, of not even talking to him about it (even though I made it clear that had to be my decision). Anyway, that put Greens back in the game. About 10 mins later there was a careless tackle on Orange just outside their own penalty area. As soon as the FK was taken and I was running to my next position, I noticed the tiny Orange midfielder, who'd just come on as a sub, try to headbutt the Greens 6ft striker. Stopped play, RC all day long (he said if he'd meant it he'd have connected!) and FK to Greens. They scored, of course - then went on to win with a minute or so to go.

To his credit, the Orange I sent off shook my hand afterwards - one of the only ones. Everyone else agreed that I had, of course, ruined the game completely that day - what with a penalty, a RC and a home team loss - all my fault entirely! Got my money, got in the car and went home to a bit of paperwork and a nice hot bath.

U14 game. Blue vs White. 25 mins into the game, White is 2-1 up when I give a DFK and RC for DOGSO by White Defender. The game finished 12-2 to Blue. Think that dismissal MAY have been costly to whites...

Got told by 21 players and 20 spectators I'd sent the wrong guy off for calling me a "****ing fat ****". Turned out I did and his mate came up to me at the end and told me it was him. All relevant details into the CFA, don't know what happened, don't care! Was just kicking myself for doing a Marriner!

Had an U15's game. Which was brilliant, end to end stuff for the first 20 ish minutes (1-1 at the time), then of course 1 player gets sent off for DOGSO and the game ends 10-1 :(:(

Every dismissal is expensive. Of my precious time doing the paper work!

Back